Snow is expected to taper off to flurries on Wednesday. Periods of plain rain will occur during Monday.
There was an unusual sight at the world-famous Pike Place Market in Seattle Saturday morning: about 4 inches of snow on the ground already. According to AccuWeather.com, there is now a 47 percent chance of 3 to 6 inches of accumulation in the area, a 40 percent chance of between 1 and 3 inches and a 3 percent chance of 6 to 10 inches of snowfall. There is a chance that this could start off as a rain/snow mix given temperatures should be warming into the mid 30s Monday afternoon.
A large storm will threaten to disrupt travel and daily routines as it unleashes heavy snow and gusty winds across the midwestern United States Monday through Tuesday.
Duke pokes holes in Virginia’s vaunted defense, rolls to 81-71 win
Duke's 11 potential Top 25 games would tie Louisville, North Carolina and Virginia as the most in the country this season. Duke is the only team to defeat the Wahoos this season, as UVa lost 72-70 at Cameron Indoor Stadium on January 16th.
More rain to end the week: Another potent storm system brings a threat of some heavier rain late Thursday (Valentine's Day) and Friday. The upper levels of the atmosphere will be warming, but temperatures at the surface will still be below freezing. Warmer air will surge into the region late Tuesday. That means we could see almost 12 hours of freezing rain adding up to a quarter of an inch of ice accumulation.
While exactly how much precipitation the area will receive is unclear officials said total snowfall and ice pellet amounts of 5 to 15 cm are possible, along with ice buildup from freezing rain.
- Orlando Apollos rout Atlanta in AAF debut, 40
- Man dances his way through roadside sobriety test, charged with DUI
- Crypto exchange QuadrigaCX not regulated by Canadian securities watchdog
- Drake, Kendrick Lamar, & Childish Gambino Decline to Perform at Grammys
- Universal basic income boosts wellbeing, but not employment
- Gaga wins Grammy for 'Shallow'; Hugh Jackman wins 1st Grammy
- Is this the Next Samsung S10?
- Fortnite Valentine's Event Announced, Features New Challenges, Rewards, And More
- 2018 was the fourth-hottest year in history, according to Nasa
- Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, and more cult classics are coming to consoles