At this point, a storm system lifting toward Minnesota from the south is forecast to drop another 2 to 4 inches of snow on southeastern Minnesota on Sunday.
Climate scientist Cliff Mass warns of a storm bigger than anything we've seen this week for Tuesday, labeling it "the Big Kahuna of snow". In the central part of the state, snow drifts blocked roads and forced the closure of US 2 and Interstate 90, in addition to causing multiple vehicle crashes.
Some areas received more than a foot of snow, and meteorologists say more is on the way early next week.
Pacific Northwest residents who are more accustomed to rain than snow were digging out from a winter storm and bracing for more on Sunday.
In Northern California, the latest in a series of storms dusted beaches with snow and caused whiteout conditions on mountain roads. The weather service said that was colder than the Arctic coast or North Slope of Alaska.
The large group of people participated in a public snowball fight on Saturday at Wright Park in Tacoma, Washington.
Gaga wins Grammy for 'Shallow'; Hugh Jackman wins 1st Grammy
Dave Chappelle and "Weird Al" Yankovic picked up early awards ahead of the live show, which was scheduled to kick off at 8 p.m. Kendrick Lamar and Drake are the two top nominated artists (Lamar leads Drake with eight noms to seven).
Two more significant winter storms are expected to blanket western Washington with more snow starting Sunday afternoon. Hundreds of flights were canceled in Seattle and Portland, and heavy snow drifts closed major highways in eastern Washington.
More than a foot of snow (30.5 cm) was recorded in some areas, including on the Olympic Peninsula. The Consumers Energy utility said power would be restored by late Sunday.
About 200 flights were canceled at Seattle-Tacoma and Portland worldwide airports on Saturday, roughly matching the number of Friday cancellations. A 59-year-old man died February 7 from exposure at a Seattle light rail station.
Autumn Sang was at a mobbed grocery store in Tualatin, Oregon, on Friday stocking up for the coming storm for herself and her neighbor, who is disabled and doesn't have a auto.
"There may be several hours of wintry precipitation and wintry travel conditions from I-80 to Chicago and Detroit", AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski said.
- LeBron strongly reacts to Mavs' Barnes being traded mid-game
- Universal basic income boosts wellbeing, but not employment
- Lindor injury could open Indians spot for Taiwan's Chang
- May to appeal for more time to secure backstop changes
- Red Deer area January unemployment rate lowest in Alberta
- Weekend weather forecast for Sheffield after Storm Erik hits city
- Man dances his way through roadside sobriety test, charged with DUI
- Re-elected UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin vows he won't be FIFA 'yes man'
- Automakers recall 1.7 million cars due to potentially fatal airbags
- Northeast BC unemployment rate increased in January 2019