At this point, a storm system lifting toward Minnesota from the south is forecast to drop another 2 to 4 inches of snow on southeastern Minnesota on Sunday.
Climate scientist Cliff Mass warns of a storm bigger than anything we've seen this week for Tuesday, labeling it "the Big Kahuna of snow". In the central part of the state, snow drifts blocked roads and forced the closure of US 2 and Interstate 90, in addition to causing multiple vehicle crashes.
Some areas received more than a foot of snow, and meteorologists say more is on the way early next week.
Pacific Northwest residents who are more accustomed to rain than snow were digging out from a winter storm and bracing for more on Sunday.
In Northern California, the latest in a series of storms dusted beaches with snow and caused whiteout conditions on mountain roads. The weather service said that was colder than the Arctic coast or North Slope of Alaska.
The large group of people participated in a public snowball fight on Saturday at Wright Park in Tacoma, Washington.
LeBron strongly reacts to Mavs' Barnes being traded mid-game
He has appeared in 11 games for the Swarm, averaging 21.2 points, 7.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 32.3 minutes per game. His total floor game stole the spotlight from All-Star Kemba Walker , who led the Hornets with 30 points.
Two more significant winter storms are expected to blanket western Washington with more snow starting Sunday afternoon. Hundreds of flights were canceled in Seattle and Portland, and heavy snow drifts closed major highways in eastern Washington.
More than a foot of snow (30.5 cm) was recorded in some areas, including on the Olympic Peninsula. The Consumers Energy utility said power would be restored by late Sunday.
About 200 flights were canceled at Seattle-Tacoma and Portland worldwide airports on Saturday, roughly matching the number of Friday cancellations. A 59-year-old man died February 7 from exposure at a Seattle light rail station.
Autumn Sang was at a mobbed grocery store in Tualatin, Oregon, on Friday stocking up for the coming storm for herself and her neighbor, who is disabled and doesn't have a auto.
"There may be several hours of wintry precipitation and wintry travel conditions from I-80 to Chicago and Detroit", AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski said.
- Duke pokes holes in Virginia’s vaunted defense, rolls to 81-71 win
- Red Deer area January unemployment rate lowest in Alberta
- Weekend weather forecast for Sheffield after Storm Erik hits city
- Kyrie Irving of Boston Celtics exits with knee sprain
- May to appeal for more time to secure backstop changes
- Uranus has a 'new feature' and it's very attractive , Nasa reveals
- Wells Fargo deals with tech issues for 2nd day, extends hours
- Gaga wins Grammy for 'Shallow'; Hugh Jackman wins 1st Grammy
- Alia Bhatt reacts to Kangana Ranaut calling her "Karan Johar’s puppet"
- Universal basic income boosts wellbeing, but not employment