"Jose was one of the first guys to reach out (and tell me) how much I'm going to love the organization and the city and he was very excited", Gasol told reporters on Saturday.
Marc Gasol will be making his debut with the Toronto Raptors on Saturday night against the New York Knicks, and a deep postseason run with his new club is breathing new life into the 34-year-old center.
He was averaging 15.7 points and 8.6 rebounds per game with Memphis and will make the 41-16 Raptors that much tougher.
NY closed to 91-90 on a 3-pointer from rookie Kadeem Allen with 5 minutes left.
Will Smith is a buff, blue Genie in new 'Aladdin' teaser
Jafar , played by Marwan Kenzari , says, "Bring me the lamp", which sends Aladdin , played by Mena Massoud , on his mission. Finally: the blue Genie is here.
Raptors F Kahwi Leonard returned to the lineup after missing Thursday's game at Atlanta due to a sore left knee.
The Knicks have cap room for two max players this July.
Leonard shot 4-of-15 for 11 points in a 104-99 Raptors win. He was asked after the game about what surprised him and said the fan support they had in an opponent's building.
Scariolo will definitely play a big role in Gasol's transitional period with so little practice dates left and 25 games remaining in the regular season before the playoffs start.
"Basically he is a great passer, someone who sees the next play a split-second before most of the opponents, most of the teammates as well, most of the coaches".
- Brad at Jen's 50th bday bash
- Subaru's 2020 Legacy sedan gets an available 260hp turbo engine
- Duke pokes holes in Virginia’s vaunted defense, rolls to 81-71 win
- Adesanya stakes his claim after beating Silva at UFC 234
- Kylie Jenner Basically Built an Entire Amusement Park for Stormi's Birthday
- Coca-Cola adds new flavor
- Black Panther roars with early Grammy Award win for musical score
- GRAMMYs 2019: Dolly Parton's Star-Studded Performance and Tribute
- Kansas City area issued winter weather advisory for Sunday snow, freezing drizzle
- Maurizio Sarri: I'm 'always at risk' of being sacked by Chelsea