She thanked him in her acceptance speech, as well as their seven-month-old daughter, Kulture. He, tragically, passed away later in the year.
Ariana Grande appeared to react with anger and disappointment when Cardi B's "Invasion of Privacy" won best rap album at the Grammys on Sunday.
She wrote "fuck", "bullshit" and "literal bullshit" one after the other before quickly deleting the posts.
Grande's late ex-boyfriend, Mac Miller, was posthumously nominated in the same category for his final album "Swimming." Grande and Miller dated for two years before they announced their split in May.
The "God is a Woman" singer posted a series of now deleted tweets following the announcement, showing just how pissed off she was that her former lover wasn't honoured at the ceremony.
At first, some thought she was referring to Cardi's win, but Grande later clarified that it had "nothing to do w her".
Ariana Grande a no-show despite winning first Grammy Award
Shortly after Cardi accepted the award, Grande hopped on Twitter to call the decision "literal bullshit" and "trash". That's not to say that she hadn't had any tattoos to get rid of as well ever since their split back in October.
It seems like Grande would have been spitting regardless of who had won, because she was hoping desperately for her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller, who died in September a year ago of a drug overdose, to take out the award.
"And you wanna know something?"
- Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) February 10, 2019i know i'm not there tonight (trust, i tried and still truly wished it had worked out tbh) and i know i said i try not to put too much weight into these things. but fuck. this is wild and lovely. thank you so much. "It was when my creativity and self-expression [were] stifled by you that I decided not to attend".
Site highlights each day to your inbox.
- Joy Villa dresses as Trump's border wall at 2019 Grammys
- Maurizio Sarri: I'm 'always at risk' of being sacked by Chelsea
- Snow, ice pellets on the way Tuesday, Environment Canada warns
- Thai election panel disqualifies Princess Ubolratana as PM candidate
- Subaru's 2020 Legacy sedan gets an available 260hp turbo engine
- Kylie Jenner Basically Built an Entire Amusement Park for Stormi's Birthday
- Kansas City area issued winter weather advisory for Sunday snow, freezing drizzle
- Brexit: More votes promised as Labour says May running down the clock
- Northeast BC unemployment rate increased in January 2019
- Soundarya marries Vishagan in grand ceremony