That's not to say that she hadn't had any tattoos to get rid of as well ever since their split back in October.
The win was announced during Sunday's pre-show, and despite the pop star's creative differences with Ehrlich, she had nothing but gratitude for her team and fans.
The "God is a Woman" singer posted a series of now deleted tweets following the announcement, showing just how pissed off she was that her former lover wasn't honoured at the ceremony. Shortly after Cardi accepted the award, Grande hopped on Twitter to call the decision "literal bullshit" and "trash".
Her late ex-boyfriend Mac Miller tragically died previous year from an accidental overdose.
Maurizio Sarri: I'm 'always at risk' of being sacked by Chelsea
I am worried about my team, I am worried about the performance but my job is always at risk so I am not worried about the club. Manchester City striker Sergio Kun Aguero scored his second hat-trick in a week as his side hammered Chelsea 6-0 on Sunday.
"Good for her. i promise. i'm sorry", she wrote.
Despite being nominated, Ariana was not attending the event herself after she reportedly fell out with producers over which songs she could perform on the night, according to The Daily Mail.
An emotional Cardi accepted the award next to her husband, Offset. Recent reports indicated Grande pulled out of the show after creative conflicts, and long-time producer of the show Ken Ehrlich told The Associated Press the reason was that the singer felt it was "too late to pull something together". I basically worked with her to mold it.
She won rap album ahead of Swimming for the late Mac Miller, Daytona for Pusha T, Astroworld for Travis Scott and Victory Lap for Nipsey Hussle.
- Brexit: More votes promised as Labour says May running down the clock
- Black Panther roars with early Grammy Award win for musical score
- Death toll in Istanbul building collapse rises to 21
- Orlando Apollos rout Atlanta in AAF debut, 40
- Lindor injury could open Indians spot for Taiwan's Chang
- Snow, ice pellets on the way Tuesday, Environment Canada warns
- Universal basic income boosts wellbeing, but not employment
- 2018 was the fourth-hottest year in history, according to Nasa
- Duke pokes holes in Virginia’s vaunted defense, rolls to 81-71 win
- Crypto exchange QuadrigaCX not regulated by Canadian securities watchdog