Donald Trump believes House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff is trying to hire White House employees to gain an edge in his investigation of foreign attempts to influence the president, people familiar with the matter said. "When Republicans have oversight of a branch of Congress or a house of Congress and they're investigating a Democratic president, they're going to make life hard for them".
Schiff has hired one former career official at the National Security Council, Abigail Grace, who left the White House previous year, the people said. The official said none were hired directly from the White House and that it was appropriate to seek people with prior National Security Council experience for agency oversight. The person also declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak publically about confidential committee business.
President Trump has derided Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) as "a political hack" after learning that he was expanding an investigation to include scrutiny of "credible reports of money laundering and financial compromise" involving Trump's businesses.
Wallace emphasized that "Democrats are in control of the House and have control of these committees" and "that's just the way it works". They've coined the term "Deep State" to describe what they suspect to be a large faction of government employees opposed to the president's agenda.
PSG boss Tuchel anxious about Verratti ahead of Man Utd clash
Verratti, a key player for PSG , returned to training this week after recovering from a sprained ankle sustained last month.
That's largely because Senate Republicans have given no indication they would vote to remove him from office - and that vote would only come if House Democrats impeached him, which that party's leaders remain reluctant to attempt.
He is also a person of interest in the ongoing Russia inquiry led by special counsel Robert Mueller, whose investigation focuses on alleged Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential election and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.
In a second social media post, Trump accurately stated that Schiff has indicated the Intelligence Committee's initial probe - while it was overseen by Republicans before Democrats took over the House in January - found no Trump campaign-Russia "collusion".
- Plane bound for France forced to land after bomb threat
- BAFTA suspends 'Bohemian Rhapsody' director Bryan Singer nomination
- US officials visiting Mideast to seek backing for peace plan
- CNQ partners in 'significant' South Africa offshore oil and gas find
- Rep. Joe Kennedy III to endorse Elizabeth Warren for president
- USA prison inmate falls through ceiling in failed escape attempt
- Phil Jones signs new contract with Manchester United through 2023
- Leaked image reveals vivo V15 Pro blue version
- 5 kids, between 12 and 16, charged with murder of Tennessee man
- Israel Adesanya Emulates The Rock, Stone Cold At UFC 234 Workout