The Black Caps had severe objections to a controversial umpiring decision in last night's twenty20 against India, but they had little cause for complaint about the final result.
An over later, Dhawan who had made 30 off 31, was bounced out by a Lockie Ferguson bullet.
Probable playing XI for India: Rohit Sharma (C), Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Vijay Shankar, MS Dhoni (WK), Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav and Khaleel Ahmed. For NZ Sodhi, Ferguson and Mitchell claimed one wicket each. India chased down the target in 18.5 overs. Kiwis won the toss and chose to bat first only to face the attack of Krunal Pandya who dismissed the top order of the team Munro (12), skipper Kane Williamson (20) and Mitchell (1), while Bhuvaneshwar Kumar scalped the wicket of Seifert (12), as Kiwis were reeling at 4/50.
His bowlers responded with early wickets as man-of-the-match Krunal Pandya took three for 28 and India restricted New Zealand to 158 for eight. Pant hit four boundaries and a six in all.
Mitchell seemed to have missed the ball while trying to work it on the leg side. From the nonstriker's end, Williamson walked down to Mitchell - playing his second worldwide match - and had a word with his partner after which the rookie requested a review.
TV replays clearly showed there was an inside edge and a patch on the hotspot could also be detected when the ball beat Mitchell's bat.
U.S. Congresswoman Gabbard to officially declare 2020 candidacy
She had first confirmed her own intent to join the 2020 race for the president in an interview with CNN in January. GABBARD: I just want to point out - I want to point out that that NBC article has been debunked and disproven.
Colin de Grandhomme scores his first fifty in T20Is.
New Zealand's strength has been the performance of their batsmen, with opener Tim Seifert providing blazing starts supported by the likes of Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor and Colin de Grandhomme. Two more sixes off successive balls followed to spoil Krunal's figures somewhat - though 3/28 in four overs is very good 0 - but matters were contained by Chahal, Hardik and Khaleel between the 13th and 15th overs.
Ross Taylor was forced to run singles as the hit-me balls dried up and de Grandhomme was also slowed down.
In the 19th over of the first innings, Mitchell Santner played the last delivery, bowled by Bhuvneshwar Kumar, towards long-on.
But the hosts have been plagued by inconsistencies and that is something which will surely hurt the team which takes a lot of pride in playing some high quality cricket.
- Former attorney general says she can’t publicly discuss SNC Lavalin allegations
- Danai Gurira to leave The Walking Dead after season 10
- PSG boss Tuchel anxious about Verratti ahead of Man Utd clash
- Paul Pogba Gave His Shirt To A Fan Following Win Over Fulham
- National Pizza Day 2019: Where to find free and cheap pizza today
- Kendrick Lamar, Drake and Childish Gambino Denied Grammy Performances
- Sacramento Weather: Storm Arriving By Evening Commute, Foothills Could Again See Snow
- Fortnite account merges are finally here and this is how they work
- BAFTA suspends 'Bohemian Rhapsody' director Bryan Singer nomination
- Israel Adesanya Emulates The Rock, Stone Cold At UFC 234 Workout