They have won 10 of their last 12 games, with their two losses during that stretch coming in close games to the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers.
One game after the Lakers rallied from 18 points down to win in Boston on Rajon Rondo's buzzer-beater - and six days after the Patriots beat the Rams in the Super Bowl - the Clippers turned the "Beat L.A.! chants" to boos. The Clippers, however, began chipping away at the lead, and somehow, they emerged victorious 123-112, holding the shell-shocked Celtics to just 12 points in the third quarter. Their primary justification for trading Tobias Harris to the Philadelphia 76ers wasn't missing the playoffs, but doing so would indeed be helpful given the team's imminent pursuit of Anthony Davis this summer.
Boston Celtics' Jaylen Brown (7) defends against Los Angeles Clippers' Montrezl Harrell (5) during the second half of an NBA basketball game in Boston, Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019. Kyrie Irving led the team with 24 points, seven rebounds and eight assists including a clutch go-ahead basket late in the game.
Kendrick Lamar, Drake and Childish Gambino Denied Grammy Performances
Ariana Grande also pulled out after clashing with producers over which song to perform. Looming predictions of rain could also put a damper on this year's awards ceremony.
"We had yesterday's practice and today's shootaround so we were able to put a couple of things in", coach Doc Rivers said.
Stevens also said Irving's knee appeared to "buckle" and he expects more tests to be run.
- Israel Adesanya Emulates The Rock, Stone Cold At UFC 234 Workout
- Paul Pogba Gave His Shirt To A Fan Following Win Over Fulham
- Meeting with China’s Xi Jinping Before Trade Deal Deadline Unlikely
- Instagram checks self-harm posts
- National Pizza Day 2019: Where to find free and cheap pizza today
- Security incident hits Australia's parliament network
- Mueller alleges Manafort continued work related to Ukraine despite 2017 indictment
- US officials visiting Mideast to seek backing for peace plan
- Matt Whitaker to Eric Swalwell: 'I am not your puppet'
- China firmly opposes Modi's visit to border region