Danai Gurira arrives at the premiere of AMC's "The Walking Dead" 4th season at Universal CityWalk on October 3, 2013 in Universal City, California. Two of the stars that have departed, Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan, will appearing in spin-offs of the show. Her appearances will be limited to only a few episodes, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Gurira will have the flexibility now to work on her feature film career (and appear in more MCU movies), while The Walking Dead will be able to hang on to one of its most popular characters.
Her exit would be a massive blow for the show, following the recent departure of Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes in season nine - who will reappear in a planned trilogy of movies.
The Walking Dead fans haven't seen Dwight (Austin Amelio) since the end of Season 8, when the former Savior was forced to leave Alexandria by Darryl (Norman Reedus). We love Danai; we love that character. Obviously, the lesson of Andy is that the show can survive anybody's departure if need be but that's not our goal.
Sixers Pull Trigger On Blockbuster Trade For Tobias Harris
His game flourished ever since the Clippers acquired Harris for Blake Griffin in a trade with the Detroit Pistons last season. Coach Brett Brown refused to commit before Tuesday's win over Toronto that Fultz would be part of the playoff rotation.
No specific reason was given why she left the series, and AMC declined to comment about the news. She also played a noticeable part in Avengers: Infinity War and is set to star in this year's follow-up, Endgame.
This is largely as a result of the success of Marvel film Black Panther, where Danai played Dora Milaje general Okoye.
Considering Michonne became largely the show's central core following Rick's exit, and as a major player in Robert Kirkman's comics, it'll certainly be a challenge for the show if it continues beyond season 10.
- CNQ partners in 'significant' South Africa offshore oil and gas find
- PSG boss Tuchel anxious about Verratti ahead of Man Utd clash
- Future Mars Rover Named for DNA Pioneer Rosalind Franklin
- Canadian diplomats hit by mystery symptoms in Cuba sue Ottawa
- Kane, Alli back in Tottenham training
- Two Palestinian teens killed by Israeli forces in Gaza
- Instagram checks self-harm posts
- U.S. Congresswoman Gabbard to officially declare 2020 candidacy
- Apple puts modem engineering unit into chip design group
- Israel Adesanya Emulates The Rock, Stone Cold At UFC 234 Workout