Danai Gurira arrives at the premiere of AMC's "The Walking Dead" 4th season at Universal CityWalk on October 3, 2013 in Universal City, California. Two of the stars that have departed, Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan, will appearing in spin-offs of the show. Her appearances will be limited to only a few episodes, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Gurira will have the flexibility now to work on her feature film career (and appear in more MCU movies), while The Walking Dead will be able to hang on to one of its most popular characters.
Her exit would be a massive blow for the show, following the recent departure of Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes in season nine - who will reappear in a planned trilogy of movies.
The Walking Dead fans haven't seen Dwight (Austin Amelio) since the end of Season 8, when the former Savior was forced to leave Alexandria by Darryl (Norman Reedus). We love Danai; we love that character. Obviously, the lesson of Andy is that the show can survive anybody's departure if need be but that's not our goal.
Plane bound for France forced to land after bomb threat
Passengers and crew were evacuated and armed special forces attended the scene. The low-budget carrier later said it had a replacement plane on standby.
No specific reason was given why she left the series, and AMC declined to comment about the news. She also played a noticeable part in Avengers: Infinity War and is set to star in this year's follow-up, Endgame.
This is largely as a result of the success of Marvel film Black Panther, where Danai played Dora Milaje general Okoye.
Considering Michonne became largely the show's central core following Rick's exit, and as a major player in Robert Kirkman's comics, it'll certainly be a challenge for the show if it continues beyond season 10.
- Former attorney general says she can’t publicly discuss SNC Lavalin allegations
- Apple puts modem engineering unit into chip design group
- USA prison inmate falls through ceiling in failed escape attempt
- ‘Voluntarily Surrender’: UK’s Prince Philip to Give Up License After Car Crash
- Australia's entries at the Eurovision Song Contest
- BAFTA suspends 'Bohemian Rhapsody' director Bryan Singer nomination
- Rep. Joe Kennedy III to endorse Elizabeth Warren for president
- Sprint files lawsuit against AT&T for phony 5G network | Digital
- Three Premier League clubs to use Intel 3D 360-degree replay technology
- Sacramento Weather: Storm Arriving By Evening Commute, Foothills Could Again See Snow