The upcoming version of the movie slightly alters Chucky's background, however, as he is still a doll, albeit run by artificial intelligence gone wild.
"Child's Play" stars newcomer Gabriel Bateman as Andy Barclay, a young boy who comes into the possession of a murderous doll. Visit KaslanCorp.com for more information. Chucky's in the cloud now?
The move to make Chucky a smart toy is a clever way to update the franchise, and gives the film more opportunity for creative kills and inventive set pieces.
Trump seeks to undercut Schiff, complains about media coverage of Russian Federation probes
The person also declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak publically about confidential committee business.
Rising filmmaker Lars Klevberg (Polaroid) directed from Tyler Burton Smith's (Kung Fury, Quantum Break video game) screenplay based on the original motion picture.
However, several people have expressed concern and disinterest over the reboot.
In addition Don Mancini, the creator of the Child's Play franchise, had zero involvement in the new reboot. Obviously my feelings were hurt. We said no thank you, because we have our ongoing thriving business with Chucky. "And I did create the character and nurture the franchise for three f*cking decades".
We'll find out if the new lineup can win over skeptics when the film hits theaters on June 21st, 2019.
- US officials visiting Mideast to seek backing for peace plan
- Paul Pogba Gave His Shirt To A Fan Following Win Over Fulham
- This heart-shaped pigs-in-blanket is the ideal Valentine's gift
- MS Dhoni captains India in Rohit Sharma's absence vs New Zealand
- United beat PSG confirmed: Edison Cavani injured
- Meeting with China’s Xi Jinping Before Trade Deal Deadline Unlikely
- Former attorney general says she can’t publicly discuss SNC Lavalin allegations
- LeBron strongly reacts to Mavs' Barnes being traded mid-game
- Matt Whitaker to Eric Swalwell: 'I am not your puppet'
- SDF ready for push on final Daesh pocket