The ongoing recall of cars with faulty Takata airbag inflators is already the largest in American history, but it just got even bigger.
Three class action lawsuits filed last year accuse General Motors, Fiat Chrysler, Volkswagen and Mercedes of knowing of problems with the air bag inflators years before issuing recalls. About 10 million inflators are being recalled in the US this year, with as many as 70 million to be recalled by the time the whole mess ends late next year. Only 27.2 million of those had been replaced by the end of 2018, meaning millions of motorists are still driving a auto equipped with an airbag inflator that's directly linked to over 20 deaths worldwide.
To find out if your vehicle is being recalled, go to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration website.
Alia Bhatt reacts to Kangana Ranaut calling her "Karan Johar’s puppet"
Kangna had expected the same reaction from Alia, but failing to receive the same treatment she came down harsh on her. Alia, however, had said that she hadn't been following the controversy so has no take on Kangana's comments.
Daimler Vans: 159,689 vehicles from model years 2015-17.
Tesla: 68,763 Model S hatchbacks from model years 2014-16.
Six automakers from the United States and overseas have added 1.7 million cars to the roster of vehicles that need to be recalled to fix a potentially deadly defect.
- Meeting with China’s Xi Jinping Before Trade Deal Deadline Unlikely
- Fortnite Valentine's Event Announced, Features New Challenges, Rewards, And More
- Virginia Lt. Governor releases statement denying allegations of sexual assault
- Weekend weather forecast for Sheffield after Storm Erik hits city
- Firecrews Remain At Scene Of Ocado Warehouse Fire
- Red Deer area January unemployment rate lowest in Alberta
- Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, and more cult classics are coming to consoles
- Wells Fargo deals with tech issues for 2nd day, extends hours
- Opening this image file grants hackers access to your Android phone
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd T20I in Hamilton