An inmate fell through the ceiling while trying to escape from a jail in IN this week, authorities said.
Ayers, 28, ran into a medical room near the recreational area and locked the door behind him, the release said. When officers got into the room, Ayers had made his way into the ceiling.
The man eventually fell through the ceiling, landing in the booking area, where police officers were gathering.
Amazon is reportedly reconsidering NY for HQ2
Such uproar has stood in contrast with the company's reception in Virginia, which has been largely friendly. Amazon can see its grasp on $2.808 billion in subsidies slipping away.
Ayers ultimately caused so much damage to the ceiling that it gave way, sending him toppling to the floor, tangled in wires, as four officers surrounded him.
Meyer said officers deployed stun guns to subdue Ayers after he 'refused to comply with orders given'.
The inmate went to the hospital with minor injuries, but he's now back in jail. He's charged with escape and criminal mischief. Ayers, who was originally jailed on a failure to appear warrant for battery, may face additional charges, the sheriff's department said in the press release.
- Mnuchin says Powell and Trump had ‘productive’ meeting
- Canadian diplomats hit by mystery symptoms in Cuba sue Ottawa
- Oil workers flee Venezuela's crisis for a better life
- Iran inaugurates medium-range ballistic missile
- Sprint files lawsuit against AT&T for phony 5G network | Digital
- Greece’s Parliament backs North Atlantic Treaty Organisation admission for Macedonia
- Cardiff City owner Tan makes touching offer to Sala's family
- Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham undergoes open heart surgery
- Female tiger at London zoo killed by prospective mate
- Fraser Brown and Murray McCallum added to Scotland squad