Verratti, a key player for PSG, returned to training this week after recovering from a sprained ankle sustained last month.
Paris Saint-Germain will receive a prognosis on Thursday to determine if Verratti will be available for their upcoming league match against Bordeaux.
Youth players Christopher Nkunku, Stanley N'Soki and Moussa Diaby have also impressed when they've stepped up to the first team, with the latter even scoring his fourth senior goal for the club in the Coupe de France on Wednesday.
But PSG boss Thomas Tuchel has now revealed that Marco Verratti has once again injured himself just days after returning back from his initial injury.
Sixers Pull Trigger On Blockbuster Trade For Tobias Harris
His game flourished ever since the Clippers acquired Harris for Blake Griffin in a trade with the Detroit Pistons last season. Coach Brett Brown refused to commit before Tuesday's win over Toronto that Fultz would be part of the playoff rotation.
'Marco Verratti could not finish training yesterday [Tuesday].
"Marco was unable to finish training on Tuesday", said the German.
'I have to wait until tomorrow [Thursday] to decide if he can play against Bordeaux.
"I usually prefer Kylian to be the finisher - when he's our last line of attack against the opposing defence", Tuchel told a news conference.
'Both strikers need to be the finishers, that's the most important thing'.
- Fraser Brown and Murray McCallum added to Scotland squad
- Kane, Alli back in Tottenham training
- Sarri: Higuain keen to prove himself again
- McVitie's promotes mental health initiative
- Cardiff City owner Tan makes touching offer to Sala's family
- Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham undergoes open heart surgery
- USA prison inmate falls through ceiling in failed escape attempt
- Phil Jones signs new contract with Manchester United through 2023
- Death toll in spurious liquor tragedy rises to 70
- Minister admits Brits face European Union mobile roaming charges in no-deal Brexit