Kate Miller-Heidke has been crowned the victor of the first ever Eurovision - Australia Decides during the Live TV Final on SBS on Saturday 9 February.
The 2019 Australian Eurovision entry and representative was determined via a mixed jury/public televote deliberation.
The viewers of Australia Decides chose Kate out of 10 hopefuls to go to Tel Aviv, after her dramatic song Zero Gravity impressed the public.
Kate, dressed in a spiked headpiece and a heavily embellished dress, rose to great heights - literally - as her skirt raised her into the air, while a shadowy figure danced behind her on a bending pole.
Cardiff City owner Tan makes touching offer to Sala's family
Ghana striker Abdul Majeed Waris has bid his departed Nantes attacking partner Emiliano Sala . Once that was done, a body was discovered inside the wreckage, and then duly retrieved.
The 2019 Aussie national final Eurovision 2019: Australia Decides was co-produced by SBS and Blink TV Australia. The show was hosted by radio host, presenter and music buff Myf Warhurst, and comedian Joel Creasey.
"This could seriously be the year that Australia wins Eurovision!"
The show flaunted Australian talent before the contenders even took to the stage. Australian Idol alum Casey Donovan started the show with her take on Guy Sebastian's Tonight Again, which Sebastian took to a #5 place at Eurovision in 2015.
Australia achieved its best result in the contest in 2016 when Dami Im almost walked away with the coveted Eurovision trophy with her entry Sound of silence, placing 2nd in Stockholm.
In association with the Queensland Government via Tourism and Events Queensland and the City of Gold Coast, Eurovision - Australia Decides was presented at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre to a live audience. Despite a magnificent performance Australia placed 20th in the Grand Final in Portugal. "We are delighted for Michael and are proud to take Bigger Than Us to the Eurovision Song Contest final in May".
- Golden State Warriors' Durant under pressure to break silence
- German competition watchdog to rule on Facebook
- Pep Guardiola left confused by Benjamin Mendy's Hong Kong Instagram post
- Huawei P30, P30 Pro launch set for March in Paris, confirms company
- AAA: Cold weather can cut electric car range over 40 percent
- Oil workers flee Venezuela's crisis for a better life
- Rocket the Raccoon's real-life inspiration Oreo dies
- Death toll in spurious liquor tragedy rises to 70
- New Mexico governor withdraws National Guard from border
- Riverdale: Chad Michael Murray Cast In Season 3 - Edgar Evernever