Thomas, who was born in Pascagoula, Miss., has been a football referee for around two decades, having officiated her first varsity high school game in 1999.
Then she became the NFL's first full-time female official.
Making history is nothing new for Thomas. Now she's reached another milestone.
Terri Valentini, the NFL's first female instant replay official, will also work the Indianapolis Colts-Kansas City Chiefs matchup on Saturday, marking her first postseason assignment.
Dan Enos hired as offensive coordinator at Miami
Coach Diaz has a clear vision for this program as we move forward and it's an honor to help build the Hurricanes in his image. The Dearborn, Mich., native and his wife Jane, have two children, Lia and Alex.
Last year, she was named as an alternate for the match-up between the Atlanta Falcons and the Los Angeles' Rams wild-card playoff game.
"I would love for girls growing up in this country to believe that if they love the sport as much as I do, that they could be a part of it", she told People.
Thomas says she wants to focus on "being the best official I can be".
"Maybe at times when they made a controversial call that I didn't think was right, I voiced my opinion but I think they would get just as aggravated with me at times, too", Thomas said.
Thomas's career has been an ongoing blitz against sexism in the NFL.
- New Bottled Brews Delayed By Government Shutdown
- Steve Smith Set to Undergo Surgery to Fix Injured Elbow
- White House asked for options to strike Iran
- Stay strong! - Djokovic hails 'brave' Murray as retirement looms
- SpaceX lands 1st stage after California launch
- Man who killed officer said he was hit by ultrasonic waves
- VLC Expected to Break 3B Downloads at CES, Will Add Airplay Soon
- Star of upcoming 'The Sopranos' prequel reveals details
- Finn Balor Makes Surprise Appearance At NXT UK TakeOver Blackpool
- Milwaukee bus driver rescues wandering young toddler in the cold