The TTB is closed right now because of the government shutdown.
The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau is part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
21, the TTB had received 192,279 label applications since the start of 2018.
"If we wanted to release that out to say OH or New Jersey or Maryland or Pennsylvania we can't get that approved right now to do that", he tells WRDE. That breaks down to over 3,000 applications coming in every week.
"We are pushed to innovate constantly, and right now we probably have 12 to 15 beers that are on hold because of the shutdown", said Dave Taylor, marketing director for Oskar Blues.
"We can still roll out the beer in draft form", Katchever said. That's a problem for beermakers like Joe Katchever, owner and brewmaster of Pearl Street Brewery in La Crosse, Wis. I think about all the spring releases that are going to be coming out soon.
Steve Smith Set to Undergo Surgery to Fix Injured Elbow
Australia recently lost a first ever home Test series against India. After the two games, Smith had to pull out to tend to his shoulder.
Hooker won't mass produce the beers it needs approval on just yet. "This government shutdown sort of puts a damper on that because we can't come out with new products because we can't get the labels approved".
While they wait, Wilmoth says he's staying positive. "So the opportunity cost of what's sitting in that tank, we're not able to send it out and we're not able to fill that tank back up with another beer".
The TTB is one arm of the US government that is crippled right now amidst President Trump's ongoing partial government shutdown, which on Friday tied for the longest shutdown ever at 21 days.
CRAIG PURSER: Doesn't matter what the size of the company is when nobody's answering the phone.
KIRWAN: So hard that it could easily start to affect the bottom line as breweries across the country worry about what to do with all of their craft beer if they can't bottle and sell it. As a result, Washington, D.C., craft brewer Atlas Brew Works can't distribute its new apricot I.P.A., "The Precious One".
- Real Madrid start preparations for Betis clash without Vinicius
- Celtics 4-Game Winning Streak Snapped by Heat
- Aphria chief executive, co-founder stepping aside from executive roles
- McCarthy: Russia Investigation Has Been About Trump 'From the Beginning'
- Iowa Republican Steve King faces party action over 'white supremacist' remark
- SpaceX lands 1st stage after California launch
- Finn Balor Makes Surprise Appearance At NXT UK TakeOver Blackpool
- Red Sox Avoid Arbitration With Mookie Betts on Record Deal
- Maroon 5 & Travis Scott Officially Confirmed as Super Bowl 2019 Headliners
- AI beats expert doctors at finding cervical pre-cancers