It's official: As Variety reported back in September, Maroon 5 will headline the Super Bowl halftime show in Atlanta on February 3, and the group will be joined by rapper Travis Scott and former Outkast member Big Boi.
A source first confirmed to PEOPLE in September that Maroon 5 would perform at the halftime show, but frontman Adam Levine remained cryptic when asked about their plans in the following months. Maroon 5's appearance will follow Justin Timberlake's unexceptional performance last year and Lady Gaga's standout showcase the year before that.
This could be interpreted as a response to the bashlash that the rapper received after reports began surfacing that he was joining the halftime show as the debate surrounding players like Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem continued. It showed concert footage of the group and included scenes with rappers Travis Scott and Big Boi, who will appear as special guests during the high-profile performance.
Hubble Space Telescope Lost Its Main Camera, The Wide Field Camera 3
Light from the quasar serendipitously passed near a galaxy between Earth and the source on its path to us, scientists found. Dissecting a significant swath of the infrared part of the light's spectrum revealed the tell-tale signature of magnesium.
"I back anyone who takes a stand for what they believe in", Scott said in a press release. "I know being an artist that it's in my power to inspire".
More than 84,000 have signed an online petition urging Maroon 5 to withdraw "until the league changes their policy and support players' constitutional right to protest". "I mean, I haven't seen that much on it besides the headlines and the click-bait and all that good stuff, but hopefully it doesn't work out".
Super Bowl LIII is scheduled to kick off on Sunday, Feb. 3 from Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Ga.
- Man who killed officer said he was hit by ultrasonic waves
- Monster Hunter World Anniversary and Witcher Events Dated
- Milwaukee bus driver rescues wandering young toddler in the cold
- Iowa Republican Steve King faces party action over 'white supremacist' remark
- Finn Balor Makes Surprise Appearance At NXT UK TakeOver Blackpool
- AI beats expert doctors at finding cervical pre-cancers
- Stay strong! - Djokovic hails 'brave' Murray as retirement looms
- Star of upcoming 'The Sopranos' prequel reveals details
- Asian stocks rise on Fed restraint, US-China trade hopes
- Cam Reddish hits last-second 3 to lift Duke past Florida St.