"You just see this crowd of people pushing each other, running out, trying to find an exit".
Stella Fonseca, an assistant manager at Claire's, told The Salt Lake Tribune that she helped barricade a back room with filing cabinets and lockers to hide herself, other employees and four customers.
Dispatch officials confirmed Sunday that police responded to a shooting at Fashion Place Mall in Murray. The victims, a man and woman in their 20s, were taken to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
Three suspects fled the scene and are still on the run, Bass said. The woman was first reported in serious condition after being shot in the leg. "We are grateful to our security and the quick response of our partners at the Murray Police Department", it said.
"We are very saddened by the incident that happened outside our shopping center this afternoon".
"At this time we are directing all inquiries to the Murray Police Department. The shopping center is now closed", the mall told Fox13.
White House asked for options to strike Iran
The request came after militants, reportedly backed by Iran, fired rockets toward the U.S. consulate in Basra and the U.S. He has worked with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in implementing a more hardline approach to Iran since taking office.
The shooting could be gang related and there is no danger to the public at this time, Bass said. Bass said employees and mall patrons would likely be able to return to the mall to retrieve personal items about 4 p.m. He said it didn't appear to be an "active shooter" situation.
"There was a sense of panic", she said.
Two people were wounded.
Video posted to social media shows people inside the indoor mall running after multiple gunshots were fired. "We were outside of the store for maybe a minute while people were leaving, and we heard what sounded like gunshots".
Murray is 6.6 miles (11 kilometers) south of Salt Lake City.
Loren Okuly, an individual outside of Dillard's during the incident, told KSL that he, "saw cops come in from everywhere". Any details about a potential connection between the victims and shooters was not immediately released Sunday.
- Kuchar fires back-to-back 63s to lead Sony Open
- Man City boss Guardiola: January market can be good opportunity
- Greek defence minister resigns over Macedonia name change
- Winter Storm WARNING expanded, in effect until 9 p.m.
- McCarthy: Russia Investigation Has Been About Trump 'From the Beginning'
- Thomas first female on-field NFL playoff game official
- Mortal Kombat 11 cover star won't surprise you in the least
- Milwaukee bus driver rescues wandering young toddler in the cold
- Kyler Murray is about to Create an NFL-MLB Bidding War
- Steve Smith Set to Undergo Surgery to Fix Injured Elbow