With Joshua pondering a move from his April 13th fight at Wembley Stadium, to a fight at Madison Square Garden against Jarrell Miller, and Amir Khan choosing to fight Terrence Crawford instead of Kell Brook, Hearn has a gaping hole in his schedule.
Whyte was assumed to be the frontrunner, with WBC betlholder Denotay Wilder expected to pursue an immediate rematch with Tyson Fury after their thrilling split draw in Los Angeles last month.
On the eve of the British journalist Steve Bansi said that 42-year-old Klitschko plans to resume his career, and his first fight will take place in April 2019 in London at Wembley stadium.
And talking to talkSPORT, Whyte confirmed that Joshua's camp has made him an offer, but described the offer as "utterly ridiculous", with "The Body Snatcher" believing Joshua doesn't want to fight him in April.
"It is a ridiculous offer, they're not serious about the fight". It's not like I'm a journeyman, I worked my way up to No 1 with two governing bodies. Now Whyte has poured more cold water on a potential meeting. But amid talk of an unlikely return, Whyte said he'd 'happily fight" Klitschko, claiming: "'He won't be coming back ever again after I'm done with him.
"It's a big fight - he's one of the best fighters in the world".
Meanwhile, reports suggest Whyte could face the retired Wladimir Klitschko.
"Apart from me, Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder you can't sell out Wembley", Whyte continued, "So let's be realistic".
Zouma leads Everton into top half with Bournemouth win
Kurt Zouma's goal for Everton was his third in the Premier League and his first since November 2017 for Stoke City. Lucas Digne is expected to return for Everton , along with Andre Gomes and Richarlison .
"It looks like Tyson Fury's gonna fight Deontay Wilder, so if he's serious he needs to stop messing about".
"Of course he can (possibly knock me out) he's very experienced".
"[It's] way off, how can I make more to fight Dereck Chisora?"
Bunce told the BBC 5 Live Boxing Podcast: "I still fancy Joshua fights Miller in America". Though there is no word on whether or not Klitschko is in fact un-retiring, Whyte is intrigued by the concept of a potential fight against him.
"I know exactly what to do".
"This is an easy fight to make, it's not a hard fight, I have the rankings, we have history".
"It is a childish offer, if you want to fight, you make a proper offer, you know what I bring to the table".
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook breaks Marco Belinelli’s ankle with vicious crossover
- Logan Paul Plans ‘To Go Gay For One Month’
- Iran Summons Polish Envoy over Planned Anti-Iran Meeting
- 911 audio shows shock, panic after comatose woman gave birth
- This MASSIVE clue reveals the gender of Meghan Markle's baby
- Samsung Galaxy M Series India-First Smartphones to Launch by January-End
- Indonesia finds voice recorder of Lion Air jet that crashed after take-off
- Chris Pratt announces engagement to Schwarzenegger
- Pakistan tottering, South Africa smelling blood
- Kanye West's demand for a dome killed his headlining gig at Coachella