A UPS spokesman confirmed the active shooter situation in a statement: "UPS is working with law enforcement as they respond to an active shooter situation at one of the company's supply chain processing facilities in Logan Township New Jersey", said Matthew O'Connor, a spokesman for UPS.
The incident was reported at around 9 a.m. Monday at the warehouse on Birch Creek Road in the Logan Township of Gloucester County, WABC-TV reported. The company did not release any information about who was involved in the shooting.
A Gloucester County fire official added that he was told the incident involved a fight between two people inside.
Logan Township police said there was an "active shooter situation going on", but provided no further information on a suspect or any possible injuries. Gilbert said law enforcement was now in "fact-gathering" mode.
Greater than six million individuals have had flu this season — CDC
So far, the flu season has not taken off like it did a year ago , when close to 50 million people caught flu and 80,000 died. Public health experts say flu vaccines are the best way to prevent the flu.
Television news footage showed armed officers crouching behind one of the vehicles.
The township's school district is under modified lockdown, and no one can enter or leave any of its schools after police notified the district of "police activity in a nearby industrial park", Superintendent Patricia Haney said.
A gunman has taken his ex-girlfriend and another person hostage at a New Jersey UPS facility Monday morning.
This is a developing story; check back for updates and get the PIX11 News app to stay informed all day.
- Jayme Closs: grandfather says teenager in 'good spirits' after rescue
- China sentences Canadian man to death for drug smuggling
- Indonesia finds voice recorder of Lion Air jet that crashed after take-off
- Alex de Minaur blasts Australian Open organizers over their schedule
- Cleveland Browns to hire Todd Monken as offensive coordinator
- Elon Musk posts first glimpse of SpaceX's finished Starship test vehicle
- President Trump Slams Elizabeth Warren’s Instagram ‘Beer Catastrophe’
- Zouma leads Everton into top half with Bournemouth win
- This MASSIVE clue reveals the gender of Meghan Markle's baby
- Ford Explorer ST debuts with 400 horses at Detroit Auto Show