Irena Ivic, a driver for the Milwaukee County Transit System, was stunned when she saw a young child running barefoot down a highway overpass on the morning of December 22. The child was barefoot - and wearing just a onesie and diaper.
A passenger gave her coat to help keep the boy warm as Ivic called for help. "When I saw him I pull over my bus and immediately went to pick him up".
Ivic stopped the bus and ran out to scoop up the baby, as seen in a video released by the transit system. She scooped the baby up in her arms and ran back to the bus. "Authorities eventually reunited the baby with its father", Sliker said.
Ivic has been in Milwaukee for 12 years - and an employee of MCTS for five years.
When authorities arrived at the scene, the baby boy was fast asleep in Ivic's arms and the passenger's coat. Before that, she drove a school bus.
Glenn Maxwell "crystal clear" about inclusion in Test team, asserts Justin Langer
Pressed again if he was aware of it happening, Langer slammed the suggestions "careless whispers" before offering an apology after getting riled up.
NOTE: Police first said the baby was a boy but later clarified that the child is actually a girl.
"I have two lovely children and I am a human being and I find the child upset, and if I had the same situation again, I will, of course, again get help".
Irena Ivic is a driver for the Milwaukee County Transit System.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele and MCTS officials honored Irena Ivic for her actions a few weeks ago, all of which were recorded on the cameras from her bus. "That is something we should celebrate".
This is the ninth lost or missing child who has been found by MCTS drivers in recent years.
- ‘Clearly an ambush’: Police chief details chaotic shooting scene
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 launched in China; prices start Rs 10,000
- Poland’s ruling party signals caution over alliance with Italy’s Salvini
- Ford to cut thousands of jobs in Europe under 'transformation strategy'
- Online Retail Turnover in November "Highest Level Recorded"
- Stranded seals wreak havoc in Canadian town
- ‘Let’s roll,’ Freddie Kitchens and the Cleveland Browns make it official
- United States girl who escaped captor a hero: sheriff
- HTC unveils Vive Cosmos
- GoFundMe border wall campaign to refund donors after falling short of goal