The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal reported that the contract is believed to be in the $24 million range.
No doubt, that is the most probable outcome, perhaps even 95 percent probable.
Former Rockies All-Star DJ LeMahieu has reached a two-year deal with NY that will pay him $24 million, The Athletic and ESPN reported Friday.
Their infield also includes rising stars Gleyber Torres and Miguel Andujar at second and third bases, respectively. The Yankees are expected to use LeMahieu in a variety of positions next season. Only Tulowitzki, provided he can stay healthy, projects as an above average defender.
Spurs’ LaMarcus Aldridge passes Magic Johnson on NBA’s all-time scoring list
Thunder: San Antonio's 16 3-pointers tied the most Oklahoma City has allowed this season, which came November 19 at Sacramento. San Antonio started 14-of-14 from the three-point line and it appeared as though they'd run away with the game as a result.
The Dodgers remain without clear options to start catcher and second base for the 2019 season, so president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman and his staff still have some work to do.
LeMahieu isn't just a good defensive player, he's great with the glove. His 15 home runs last season were a career high in only 128 games and 11 of them came away from Coors.
The answer might very well be "no" if Machado refuses to lower his expectations; the Yankees' party line is they will not pay him anywhere near $300 million. Signing Machado would be about more than this year for the Yankees, who don't seem sold on the defensively-challenged Andujar at third base, and again, have a soon-to-be free agent in Gregorius. This will help the Yankees' lineup as it will provide balance. With his opposite field approach, he should be able to put up some solid numbers playing half his games at Yankee Stadium and produce timely hits from the bottom of the order. The Yankees already are.
- Levy will refuse to allow Pochettino to join Manchester United
- China says trade talks with USA set foundation to resolve concerns
- Australia to ‘carefully consider’ Saudi woman’s asylum plea
- Virat Kohli slams India star Hardik Pandya for 'inappropriate comments'
- Cesc Fabregas joins AS Monaco from Chelsea
- In surprise outreach, Donald Trump pledges to reform H-1B visa programme
- Fellow Dems Chastise Ocasio-Cortez: ‘She Doesn’t Understand How the Place Works’
- FA to investigate allegations Leeds sent 'spy' to Derby training
- Excessive body fat linked to smaller brain
- Tulsi Gabbard announces she will run for president in 2020