He appeared in the Manukau District Court on Thursday charged with breaching the Civil Aviation Act by falsely communicating safety information.
An Auckland Airport spokesperson originally told Newshub the plane was mid-flight and had to make an emergency landing due to the incident.
A 19-year-old Sydney man remains in custody in New Zealand after he reportedly wrote "I have a bomb" into an in-flight messaging app during a flight.
The court heard Fifita was travelling on his own back to Sydney from Tonga, transiting at Auckland.
Syrian air defense systems strike down several missiles over western Damascus
It is not yet clear whether the S-300s were among the air defense systems used in the Friday night counterattacks. In an earlier report, SANA had spoken of Syrian air-defence batteries attacking "enemy targets".
His lawyer Jane Northwood acknowledged her client's actions were the "grossly stupid event of the century", but said he was remorseful and distressed about what he had done.
The man made the comment while the plane was stationary and staff on board the aircraft were notified of it by another passenger, leading to the police being called at 8.45pm.
An Australian passenger on the plane said they were told that the plane was being held on the runway in response to a "security incident".
New Zealand website Stuff.co.nz reported that the teen, Meke Fifita, faced imprisonment or a fine but was deported after his father paid a $NZ3000 repatriation sum. Previously, this jackass caused an emergency landing after naming a wifi network "bomb on board", this jabroni got a flight canceled after creating the wifi network "galaxy note 7", and this asshat delayed a flight after naming a wifi network "Al-Quida Free Terror Nettwork".
- ‘Let’s roll,’ Freddie Kitchens and the Cleveland Browns make it official
- Cincinnati Bengals hope to hire Rams' Zac Taylor as head coach
- Second Repeating Fast Radio Burst Detected | Astronomy
- Meghan moves into more visible roles in United Kingdom royal family
- Meghan Markle’s Half-Brother Thomas Arrested For DUI
- Ford to cut thousands of jobs in Europe under 'transformation strategy'
- Stranded seals wreak havoc in Canadian town
- Apple Blames Weak iPhone Sales on China, Fewer People Upgrading
- Levy will refuse to allow Pochettino to join Manchester United
- Yankees, LeMahieu agree to 2-year, $24M deal