Weekly protests by the yellow vest movement, which is railing against the economic policies of French President Emmanuel Macron, were scheduled for Saturday.
Witnesses said they could hear screaming comes from the apartments above the bakery in the Rue de Trevise.
Syrian air defense systems strike down several missiles over western Damascus
It is not yet clear whether the S-300s were among the air defense systems used in the Friday night counterattacks. In an earlier report, SANA had spoken of Syrian air-defence batteries attacking "enemy targets".
Pictures and videos posted online show plumes of smoke and flames slowly consuming one of the buildings.
A fire broke out after the blast at around 8am Irish time in the busy 9th district of the city, which police suspect may have been caused by a gas leak. The area, located on the right bank of the River Seine, is home to several places of interest, including the Paris Opera, Boulevard Haussmann, and the Theatre de Paris.
Vision from the blast scene shows people lying on the street bleeding with others walking around barefoot.
- California governor moves to bolster negotiating power for lower drug prices
- FA to investigate allegations Leeds sent 'spy' to Derby training
- Virgin Atlantic and Stobart led consortium to takeover Flybe
- Cesc Fabregas joins AS Monaco from Chelsea
- Cotton Australia statement on fish deaths at Menindee
- Fellow Dems Chastise Ocasio-Cortez: ‘She Doesn’t Understand How the Place Works’
- Levy will refuse to allow Pochettino to join Manchester United
- Virat Kohli slams India star Hardik Pandya for 'inappropriate comments'
- IPhone 11 will have triple camera, XR successor will have dual
- Unai Emery says Arsenal can't make permanent signings this month