Such widespread price cuts are not uncommon around shopping festivals like Single's Day in November, but these cuts stand out as they affect Apple's latest XS and XR models that were released only months ago, said Mo Jia, a Canalys analyst who tracks China's smartphone industry.
As for the iPhone XR, that will be seeing an update in 2019 as well, the Journal says.
Apple is reportedly adding a three-camera setup to the most expensive iPhone device this year, which will likely be called the iPhone 11 Max.
According to the publication, Apple has been developing a new LCD iPhone for several months and a switch would likely prove too costly.
APPLE REPORTEDLY PLANS to release a new LCD iPhone in 2019, despite the lacklustre response to the current iPhone XR.
Gunathilaka to miss T20I against New Zealand and Australia Test series
Sri Lanka would be led by Lasith Malinga as they have named the same set of players for both the ODIs and T20I. Although the side has performed decently, they have failed to register a win.
The Cupertino, California-based company has chose to stick to liquid-crystal display (LCD) at a time when sluggish sales of iPhone XR cut into its most recent revenue projection, the report said, citing people familiar with the matter.
4/2/18: Despite earlier rumours to the contrary, a new report claims that Apple's 2019 iPhones won't offer support for 5G networks.
According to Mr. Cook, Apple's 2018 iPhone lineup sales were accounted for in the company's previous quarter, as opposed to the iPhone X, whose unit shipments were reflected in 1Q18. "It would also hurt core users that just bought these devices at the original prices".
Apple doesn't do big tech conferences like CES and MWC, so we're not expecting megaleaks about their new stuff as much as we are all the other brands.
Apple didn't immediately respond to an emailed request for comment on the Journal's story and possible product changes in 2019 and 2020.
Unfortunately, there's still no word on whether Apple will be lowering their iPhone prices this year-which would probably help boost sales more than camera improvements would.
- NFL Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Vs. Chargers In Divisional Round
- Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn hit with more charges, release unlikely
- Thomas Muller banned for Liverpool Champions League games
- NY meteorologist fired after saying racial slur on air
- IBM's Q System One is the world's first commercial quantum computer
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra Kick Off Caribbean Honeymoon
- Inter Milan captain Mauro Icardi rules out dumping wife as his agent
- Woman suddenly can't hear any male voices overnight
- Virgin Atlantic and Stobart led consortium to takeover Flybe
- 'Chinese, Polish nationals' arrested in Poland for 'spying'