Rick would like to thank everyone who has supported him during this hard time period, " the statement read.
Following consultation with doctors, the 34-year-old made a decision to quit sport to avoid possible brain injury which concussion-related complications might provoke.
Six-time NHL All-Star Rick Nash is retiring, citing ongoing concussion symptoms and the risk of further brain injuries, his agent announced in a statement Friday.
Resnick told NHL.com on Friday that Nash was holding out hope he could play this season, but on advice of his medical team chose to retire.
Paquette was not given a penalty on the play and didn't receive a suspension or fine from the National Hockey League. He posted 3-2-5 totals, but wasn't the presence centering the second line that he was acquired to be as Tampa eliminated the Bruins in five games. Still dealing with the effects of a concussion, it has now forced him to retire.
Nash was drafted No. 1 overall by the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2002.
Driver Who Crashed While Blindfolded Was Participating In ‘Bird Box Challenge’
Police say the young woman in question had pulled her hat over her eyes while she was driving, which resulted in the crash. There were no injuries reported in connection with the crash, KTLA sister station KSTU in Salt Lake City reported.
He was an unrestricted free agent this summer. "I miss it, I love the game", Nash said. There's a chance I could get healthy, come back and be great.
Nash suffered three known concussions in his career.
The 34-year-old left winger, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 National Hockey League draft, announced his retirement on Friday after 15 National Hockey League seasons and 437 goals and 805 points in 1,060 games.
He was a franchise star with the Blue Jackets, but his tenure with the Rangers had its peaks and valleys, particularly due to inconsistency in the postseason, where Nash had 14 goals in 73 games.
The Ontario native won two Olympic gold medals together with the Canadian team and claimed the world title and 2007 world tournament in Moscow. Nash was often criticized for playoff struggles, but he was a part of the team's run to the 2014 Stanley Cup Finals where they lost to the Kings.
- Cesc Fabregas joins AS Monaco from Chelsea
- Astronomers intercept mysterious repeating radio signals from space
- Gary Kubiak will not be Broncos offensive coordinator, sources say
- Siraj named Bumrah`s replacement for Australia, NZ ODIs
- In surprise outreach, Donald Trump pledges to reform H-1B visa programme
- Several Injured In Big Explosion At Bakery In Central Paris
- Second Repeating Fast Radio Burst Detected | Astronomy
- Australia to ‘carefully consider’ Saudi woman’s asylum plea
- Tulsi Gabbard announces she will run for president in 2020
- Barty beats No. 1 Simona Halep in Romanian’s tour return