The Rams young quarterbacks coach is rumored to have won the job in Cincinnati.
The Bengals fired former head coach Marvin Lewis after 16 seasons with the team.
If hired, Taylor will be the second coach who's worked under Los Angeles head coach Sean McVay to earn a top job in this coaching cycle; Matt LaFleur already landed with the Green Bay Packers.
When looking at the work Taylor has done over the last two seasons, especially this year with the development of Jared Goff, it shouldn't come as a surprise to hear a team like the Cincinnati Bengals expressing interest in possibly making him their next head coach.
Hue Jackson is also being linked with the role at Cincinnati
Taylor was the offensive coordinator for the University of Cincinnati in 2016, and sources said he would like to return to the city.
Taylor's Rams are still in the playoffs and face off with the Cowboys on Saturday in the NFC Divisional Round.
The 35-year-old would become the second-youngest active head coach in the National Football League, behind only his current boss, Rams head coach Sean McVay, who turns 33 on January 24.
Another note about this hire is that owner and general manager Mike Brown was not involved in choosing the next head coach. It will be interesting to see if this is a norm for the organization moving forward, and is something that Bengals fans will want to keep their eye on. If Taylor is anything close to Mcvay, he is going to make Bengals fans very happy.
Megyn Kelly Finalizes Multi-Million Dollar Contract Settlement With NBC
NBC announced on Friday, Oct. 26, 2018 that " Megyn Kelly Today " will not return. At one point, she asked what costumes could be considered racist.
- China says trade talks with USA set foundation to resolve concerns
- Federal Bureau of Investigation probed whether Trump was Russian agent
- 3 dead, 23 injured in Ottawa bus crash
- Brighton vs Liverpool, Premier League
- Yankees, LeMahieu agree to 2-year, $24M deal
- Cotton Australia statement on fish deaths at Menindee
- Bandersnatch' sued for possible trademark infringement — Netflix's 'Black Mirror
- RBG Won't Return to the Supreme Court Next Week
- Levy will refuse to allow Pochettino to join Manchester United
- Unai Emery says Arsenal can't make permanent signings this month