And it appears the bright lights and big bucks of China have caught the attention of the Austrian.
The rumours started circulating yesterday that the attacking star dubbed "Arnie" could be open to a move away from the Hammers, and his agent and brother Danijel Arnautovic has since added fuel fire to the fire by sending a statement into TalkSPORT.
We know Marko is a very good player so maybe a lot of clubs will want him to play for their team but at the moment he is a West Ham player and we want to keep him. "He took every award at the club; best player, signing of the season and the players" award.
Now West Ham have a fantastic offer. This is what he wants.
'It is his great desire that West Ham accept the offer from China'.
West Ham have had some miserable failures in attack for the club over the last decade, with the likes of Mido, Benni McCarthy, Marouane Chamakh and Simone Zaza all struggling upon arrival. That is Marko. He will never change. He hopes the fans can respect his wishes.
Weird City Trailer: Jordan Peele’s New Sci-Fi Comedy Sets Premiere Date
As well as Michael Cera, there's also Dylan O'Brien, Rosario Dawson, Ed O'Neil, Awkwafina , Steven Yeun and many more. The trailer highlights his power, as Weird City citizens question, yet go along with his futuristic perspectives.
But a Hammers spokesperson said: "Marko has a contract and we fully expect him to honour it. He is not for sale", the statement read.
The club will attempt to lure Arnautovic, who turns 30 in April, with wages understood to be £200,000 a week over a four-year contract.
Arnautovic scored 11 times last season and has eight goals in 17 appearances this term, including a double in last week's 2-2 draw against Brighton.
The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email.
"I'm sure things like that are parallel to performance and he'll have his head in the game against Arsenal (Saturday 12.30pm)".
The Blues are said to be in the hunt for AC Milan striker Gonzalo Higuain and Bournemouth forward Callum Wilson as they look to replace the misfiring Alvaro Morata but former midfielder Steve Sidwell believes Arnautovic could serve as a more cost-effective option for the club. I don't think they will go. I don't know what the Spaniard gives you - and Eden Hazard is just not a striker.
- Antonio Brown likely on his way out with Steelers: owner
- Gourmet candy recalled over hepatitis-A concerns
- Hubble Space Telescope Captures Awesome View of Neighboring Galaxy
- Kindergarten photo evokes Apartheid ghosts in South Africa
- Apps that do nothing but serve ads ‘tricked’ 9 million Android users
- Harrington Chosen As Captain For 2020 Ryder Cup
- Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Ex Chris Martin Joined Her Honeymoon With Brad Falchuk
- Hubble Space Telescope's premier camera shuts down
- Former Trump Lawyer Cohen to Testify Publicly Before Congress
- 2 more flu deaths in county bring season’s death toll to 11