Ivic, who will be honored Thursday by Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele, spotted a boy alone on a freeway overpass near 4th and Mitchell.
"Oh my God, I'm shaking", Ivic can be heard saying when she returns to the bus with the girl.
The baby girl was unharmed.
A passenger then gave the child her coat to help keep the girl warm until the fire and police departments arrived on the scene.
Copa del Rey: Real Madrid avert upset, beats Leganes 3-0
The teams had drawn by the same score in their league match in Girona earlier this season. On Thursday, four-time defending champion Barcelona visits Levante.
Authorities say the child was cold and frightened, but otherwise OK. When police gathered near his home, he noticed his child was not there and ran outside. Officers later reunited the toddler with his father.
Milwaukee police told WITI no charges were filed in the case.
"Thank you, Irena and all members of the MCTS team, for your compassion, commitment to the community, and MCTS Excellence", MCTS officials said via a statement given to WISN-TV. "She did the right thing", he said of the five-year veteran with the service. MCTS later learned the baby is less than a year old.
This is the ninth lost or missing child who has been found by MCTS drivers in recent years.
Editor's note: A previous version of this story from the Associated Press identified the child as a boy.
- Powell repeats pledge to remain 'patient' with rate hikes
- Samsung unveils expanded Bixby, more notebooks, more AI
- Erdogan threats against Kurds will not stop Syria withdrawal, Pompeo says
- Criminal Minds to End With Season 15
- Aaron Ramsey ignored Gareth Bale advice over Arsenal exit
- Ohio State QB Tate Martell in transfer portal
- Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection
- Cancer death rate hits milestone: 25 years of decline
- Cyborg Wants To Join McGregor For Japan Exhibition
- Australia praises Thai action on Saudi woman seeking asylum