He explained that he had a friend of a friend who was speaking to Kelly on the phone and how he never called back after learning that the woman was in college.
Chicago State Attorney Kim Foxx called for anyone with information regarding the allegations against Kelly to come forward and cooperate with police. "She essentially went up there and said, 'We have no evidence of a crime, but if someone would like to make something up, please call us'".
The 36-year-old woman, who now goes by Danielle Williams, said Kelly lured her in when she was 16.
"I stand behind these women 1000%, believe them, know they are suffering and in pain, and feel strongly that their voices should be heard and taken seriously", she wrote. Some were tied to Kelly's Chicago area home.
NBA All-Star Voting: Second Returns Released
James Harden , the Houston Rockets guard who was the regular-season MVP in 2017-18, is more than 40,000 points behind Durant. The all-star starters and captains will be announced on January 24, and the reserves will be announced a week later.
Foxx said that after watching the series herself, "I was sickened by the allegations". She has been in touch with families from the docu-series who are looking for their loved ones.
WGN News reached out to Kelly's lawyer, Steve Greenberg, for comment but he did not return the call.
Kelly's award winning career has been shadowed by sexual misconduct allegations for more than two decades.
The Associated Press reported that in 2008, a Cook County jury acquitted Kelly on 14 counts of child pornography after he was accused of engaging in sex acts with a girl as young as 13. Both Kelly and the girl denied that the video depicted them, and no assault charges were ever brought against Kelly as a result of the tape. Mason allegedly threatened to kill Joycelyn Savage father. Foxx said she was "sickened" by the accounts described in the "Surviving R. Kelly" Lifetime television series, but said she has not - and can not - open a criminal probe in the absence of cooperating witnesses. The series featured accounts from accusers and Kelly's close friends on his life and allegations of abuse, predatory behavior and pedophilia.
Surviving R Kelly follows accusations of sexual and physical abuse made by a number of women with close relationships with the singer in the past.
- Billie Eilish unveils gripping new track 'When I Was Older'
- Frank Castle Kicks Ass in ‘The Punisher’ Season 2 Trailer
- Former Broncos coach Joseph could join Browns
- IBM's Q System One is the world's first commercial quantum computer
- Steve King's Comments on White Nationalism Earn Rebuke
- Mobile, Sprint and AT&T are under fire for selling customer location data
- Norovirus outbreak sickens 277 on Oasis of the Seas
- Senate approves back pay for federal workers when shutdown ends
- Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn hit with more charges, release unlikely
- Community crisis response teams to deliver services within two hours by 2023