Los Angeles Chargers defensive lineman Brandon Mebane plans to play in Sunday's playoff game against the New England Patriots - even though it means taking the field just days after the death of his 7-week-old daughter.
She had dealt with a rare chromosome disorder since birth.
Mebane has missed time over the last few months as helped care for his daughter, Makenna, who was born premature in November with trisomy 13.
The fact that he's returning to practice this week is certainly a positive sign.
Craig McLachlan charged with multiple indecent assault offences
McLachlan is perhaps best known for appearing in Neighbours and Home and Away as well as the BBC One spy drama Bugs . It is not clear if the charges relate to the allegations made against him by the Rocky Horror Show actresses.
Chargers running back Melvin Gordon downplayed Sunday's divisional round playoff game against the Patriots as just the next team on the schedule, but he acknowledged the margin for error is thinner than against previous teams. "No matter where I am, I still think about her".
Just days before Tom Brady's 38th career playoff game in the National Football League, he took to Instagram to share an inspirational post.
"We're doing pretty good", he said of his family. Still thankful (for having her in our life). "It's still painful. I thank God every day and still pray". "I'm just trying to take one day at a time".
- ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’: Bihar court orders FIR against actors
- Muslim Republican survives recall vote over his religion
- New software cracking down on Netflix accounting sharing
- Rajasthan: Baby’s body split into two, hospital staff booked
- Frank Castle Kicks Ass in ‘The Punisher’ Season 2 Trailer
- Sexist comment row: Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul suspended till probe ends
- Levante Hand Barcelona Copa Del Rey Shock
- Steve King's Comments on White Nationalism Earn Rebuke
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos worth $150bn announces divorce from wife MacKenzie
- Morata to Atletico? I can't confirm or deny anything - Simeone