A NEW service will allow streaming services such as Netflix to detect if you are sharing your account password with multiple users. That might be an outright ban on the account or just a sternly-worded email telling them to pay for a premium account.
Once data has been analysed, the streaming service can then decide the course of action for users believed to be sharing their passwords. According to The Daily Mail, Synamedia's AI-powered system is created to track down and analyze which users are logged in at different locations, quickly being able to flag accounts that are being shared.
While the number of people one can share their Netflix account with depends on a personal plan, casual credentials sharing has become too expensive for the streaming service to ignore, a firm that can crack down on cheaters, has suggested.
Aaron Ramsey ignored Gareth Bale advice over Arsenal exit
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has reportedly agreed to join Serie A giants Juventus at the end of the season. "For me the most important (thing) is Aaron Ramsey is with us".
It predicts that by 2021, credentials sharing will account for £7.8billion of losses in pay-TV revenues. It's more heavily aimed at larger credentials-sharing operations across all streaming service.
Synamedia's software can determine where an account is being used, whether at home or on the road, and who is watching.
It uses behavioral analytics and machine learning to track how many people are logged into a single account, as well as where they log in from. "It's a great way to keep honest people honest while benefiting from an incremental revenue stream", said Jean Marc Racine, CPO and GM EMEA of Synamedia.
Synamedia says its system is being trialed now by a number of content providers, although it won't say exactly who they are.
This story originally appeared in The Sun.
- Meghan Markle will not return to Suits, after all that hype
- Where and how to watch IND vs UAE
- Erdogan threats against Kurds will not stop Syria withdrawal, Pompeo says
- San Francisco Giants' Stadium Renamed to Oracle Park
- Missing Wisconsin teen found alive
- 2-ODI Ban Recommended For Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul Over "Crass" Comments
- Lindsay Lohan Denies Hooking up With 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Jax Taylor
- Woman in Vegetative State for Last 14 Years Gives Birth
- Batshuayi to leave Valencia 'in the coming hours or days'
- 'Green Book' director: 'I was an idiot' for genital-flashing