Dwyane Wade is also likely to get a farewell All-Star mention, getting close to 1,200,000 votes in his last season in the National Basketball Association.
George was fifth in the first fan returns last week but has since passed Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant for third in the voting with 1,859,216 total votes in the latest returns. George joins Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James and Dallas Mavericks rookie Luka Doncic in the conference's frontcourt, with Minnesota Timberwolves guard Derrick Rose and Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry in the backcourt.
Fans account for 50 percent of the vote to determine the 10 starters for the 68th NBA All-Star Game.
Amazon's Jeff Bezos worth $150bn announces divorce from wife MacKenzie
Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos announced via Twitter on Wednesday that he and his wife MacKenzie are divorcing. In 2012, the couple donated US$2.5 million to a Washington state campaign to legalise same-sex marriage there.
Voting for fans, players and media will conclude on Monday, Jan. 21 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
The teams aren't split by conference for the actual game, though.
After all votes are tallied, players will be ranked in each conference by position and each player's score will be calculated by averaging his weighted rank from the fan votes, the player votes and the media votes.
The all-star starters and captains will be announced on January 24, and the reserves will be announced a week later. And if voting were to end today, the two forward would be the captains for this year's draft.
The 2019 NBA All-Star weekend will be February 15-17 in Charlotte.
- ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’: Bihar court orders FIR against actors
- Levante Hand Barcelona Copa Del Rey Shock
- Indian teen girl beheaded, mutilated in suspected honour killing
- Australia praises Thai action on Saudi woman seeking asylum
- Frank Castle Kicks Ass in ‘The Punisher’ Season 2 Trailer
- Isner ousted in Round 2 of ASB Classic
- Florida Trooper Rescues Driver Who Slammed Into His SUV
- New software cracking down on Netflix accounting sharing
- Former Broncos coach Joseph could join Browns
- Norovirus outbreak sickens 277 on Oasis of the Seas