On Thursday, T-Mobile said it's launching a feature called Caller Verified. T-Mobile says the feature uses the STIR/SHAKEN standards recommended by the Federal Communications Commission to spot authentic calls.
The carrier announced the launch of a new "Caller Verified" tool created to crack down especially on that scammy "spoof" problem we mentioned. However, the carrier promises it's going to expand the tool later this year.
Once Note9 owners get the update, any calls on the T-Mobile network that they receive will show a "Caller verified" message on the incoming call screen, assuming that Tmo itself has authenticated the call as legitimate and not hijacked. Moreover, it joins other tools T-Mobile uses including Scam ID, Scam Block and a name ID app to complement each other and keep bad calls from reaching customers.
Florida Trooper Rescues Driver Who Slammed Into His SUV
When he realized Espinoza was trapped, the trooper was filmed desperately trying to open the driver's vehicle to help him escape. And the Florida Highway Patrol drove the point home, as WPEC reported, by sharing a dramatic video from last November on I-75.
The service implements STIR (Secure Telephony Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Secure Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) standards, which the industry developed for this objective and has been promoted by the FCC for use right away.
You won't need to do anything to get caller verification working, according to T-Mobile, which stated that "it's already working for [updated Note 9 users]. for free".
Caller Verified is an effort to fight caller ID spoofing, aka when scammers temporarily highjack a phone number that matches the area code and first three digits of the person they're calling, to make you think it could be someone you know. Once the technologies are adopted by other carriers, Caller Verified will work on calls made across most networks.
- Sergei Bobrovsky to miss Predators game after incident
- Lindsay Lohan Denies Hooking up With 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Jax Taylor
- Isner ousted in Round 2 of ASB Classic
- Craig McLachlan charged with multiple indecent assault offences
- Morata to Atletico? I can't confirm or deny anything - Simeone
- Paraguay cuts diplomatic ties with Venezuela after Maduro sworn in
- Levante Hand Barcelona Copa Del Rey Shock
- Koffee with Karan 6
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos worth $150bn announces divorce from wife MacKenzie
- Steve King's Comments on White Nationalism Earn Rebuke