Also LG has introduced a working prototype 88-inch OLED-display with support for technology Crystal Sound, the surface of which performs the role of dynamics. LG is using its flexible OLED technology in this case along with a motorized base that lets you raise or lower your TV based on what you want to do.
With CES officially kicking off from tomorrow, we could expect a week full of awesome tech as companies reveal their roadmap for the year.
A demonstration showed that the 65-inch (165 centimetre) screen could disappear completely into the base, extend just part way to display photos, act as a control screen for smart devices, or rise completely for full viewing. That means 120Hz and AI image processing using LG's new Alpha 9 Gen 2 CPU.
CES 2019: LG reveals rollable 'TV of tomorrow' and it's bloody amazing
LG hasn't announced a price for the TV R yet, though reports that the company said it would cost more than the 8K TV announced last week-that TV's price hasn't been announced either, but given that the 8K LG will compete directly with, we're betting the rollable TV won't be within most people's reach. The TV space is one area where we haven't seen any new innovations in terms of the design. Its price was not disclosed, but it will be among LG's premium television lineups.
"The world's first rollable OLED TV will show the essence of display revolution", LG's home entertainment head Kwon Bong-seok said, touting its rollable OLED TV as a true game-changer that can liberate users from limitations of the wall and free them to curate their own personal space.
"We're talking with other clients as well [apart from LG Electronics] for the rollable TV panels", he said.
LG is keen to make the TV the centrepiece of a connected living room and is leading the charge when it comes to imbuing its TVs with third party smart assistants.
Billie Eilish unveils gripping new track 'When I Was Older'
Fast forward from her humble breakout, Billie's debut EP has since amassed more than 3.5 billion combined streams worldwide. ROMA illustrates the journey of a domestic worker through political turmoil in 1970s Mexico.
- Frank Castle Kicks Ass in ‘The Punisher’ Season 2 Trailer
- Mobile beefs up its anti-spam arsenal with Caller Verified
- Koffee with Karan 6
- Community crisis response teams to deliver services within two hours by 2023
- Lakers star LeBron James remains out indefinitely
- Morata to Atletico? I can't confirm or deny anything - Simeone
- Isner ousted in Round 2 of ASB Classic
- NFL Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Vs. Chargers In Divisional Round
- NBA All-Star Voting: Second Returns Released
- Bollywood Squad Meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi For Nation Building!