Winter storm warnings and winter weather advisories have been issued for IL and through Missouri.
The advisory is in effect from noon Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday, the NWS said.
Snow could return to the Lawrence area this weekend.
The National Weather Service has signaled that a Winter Storm Warning will be in effect.
"Be ready to wake up to several inches of snow on the ground tomorrow morning with perhaps an additional 1" during the day on Sunday.
Sexist comment row: Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul suspended till probe ends
Pandya had later issued an apology, saying he got carried with the nature of the show. This changes nothing in terms of our beliefs in the change room.
Total snowfall is forecast to range from 7-inches in central Illinois to an inch or less near the Illinois-Wisconsin border.
Since the system is still two days away, amounts and location of the heaviest snowfall could change between now and when the system arrives.
"2-3" should fall north with 3-5" over a good chunk of the area & 5-7" in the far southwest & south on the edge of the Winter Storm Watch area. Please keep in mind that the storm is now in the southwestern United States, and a storm track shift of 50 miles will cause a lot more or less snow.
If you have any travels tonight or tomorrow you will want to give yourself extra time, patience, and caution. Also, you should use this advanced notice to make certain your vehicle is winterized. This is especially important for those living in rural areas.
- Isner ousted in Round 2 of ASB Classic
- Levante Hand Barcelona Copa Del Rey Shock
- IBM's Q System One is the world's first commercial quantum computer
- Norovirus outbreak sickens 277 on Oasis of the Seas
- Indian teen girl beheaded, mutilated in suspected honour killing
- Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn hit with more charges, release unlikely
- NFL Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Vs. Chargers In Divisional Round
- R. Kelly's streams increase after docu-series alleges abuse
- Morata to Atletico? I can't confirm or deny anything - Simeone
- Mobile, Sprint and AT&T are under fire for selling customer location data