The documentary Leaving Neverland will be screened at the Sundance independent film festival later this month and will be shown on cable channel HBO and Britain's Channel 4 television network this spring, festival organizers and HBO said.
The documentary Leaving Neverland is an in-depth look at two men's stories about being sexually abused by the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
"Through gut-wrenching interviews with the now-adult men and their families, "Leaving Neverland" crafts a portrait of sustained exploitation and deception, documenting the power of celebrity that allowed a revered figure to infiltrate the lives of starstruck children and their parents", the film's synopsis reads. The "Neverland" in the movie refers to the Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara County, California. "There as no undeniable proof that Michael Jackson did any of that stuff, actually a lot of the people that came forward and said that he the did that stuff, came forward after he died and said it didn't really happen". Michael was also accused of molestation by two brothers in 2005. Safechuck and Robson, the latter a self-proclaimed 'master of deception, ' filed lawsuits against Michael's Estate, asking for millions of dollars. Both lawsuits were dismissed.
The Jackson estate released a statement saying the documentary is "just another rehash of dated and discredited allegations". "It's baffling why any credible filmmaker would involve himself with this project".
Gunathilaka to miss T20I against New Zealand and Australia Test series
Sri Lanka would be led by Lasith Malinga as they have named the same set of players for both the ODIs and T20I. Although the side has performed decently, they have failed to register a win.
At the time of the ruling, Jackson's estate said in a statement, "In my opinion Mr. Robson's allegations, made 20 plus years after they supposedly occurred and years after Mr. Robson testified twice under oath - including in front of a jury - that Michael Jackson had never done anything wrong to him were always about the money rather than a search for the truth".
It's unclear how the film will impact Jackson's legacy.
As one of the world's most celebrated icons, Michael Jackson represents many things to many people-a pop star, a humanitarian, a beloved idol.
Will Leaving Neverland have a similar effect after it premieres, or will the Jackson controversy be left undisturbed? The property is valued at $67 million and is now for sale, according to Business Insider.
- Sexist comment row: Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul suspended till probe ends
- Community crisis response teams to deliver services within two hours by 2023
- Lakers star LeBron James remains out indefinitely
- NFL Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Vs. Chargers In Divisional Round
- 'Chinese, Polish nationals' arrested in Poland for 'spying'
- Billie Eilish unveils gripping new track 'When I Was Older'
- Britons would now vote to stay in European Union , want new referendum
- Incoming snow prompts Winter Storm Watch in central in this weekend
- Chelsea reject Barcelona bid for Willian - and offer of Brazilian forward Malcom
- Indian teen girl beheaded, mutilated in suspected honour killing