And maybe that's not a bad thing, after all.
Kitchens is not keeping defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who went 5-3 as Cleveland's interim coach.
The 46-year-old would bring a good deal of National Football League experience to Kingsbury's staff. He joined the Buccaneers in 2016 as their offensive coordinator/wide receivers coach before becoming the full-time offensive coordinator in 2018.
One of those coaches was former Green Bay Packers' head coach Mike McCarthy.
Zigging while everyone else zags, the Broncos sought a general in Fangio who could run his defense, leaving the offense to Gary Kubiak and everything else up to John Elway as Denver looks to snap its three-season playoff-less streak.
Duke's Williamson named ACC Freshman of the Week
Wake Forest has only one top-100 victory this season, that being a 67-63 home triumph over Davidson back on December 17. When watching Wake Forest , nothing really stands out where the team excels at one particular facet of the game.
Elway has famously been unable to figure out his franchise's quarterback since Peyton Manning retired following the 2015 season.
It seems that, for some fans, the hiring of Freddie Kitchens is not good enough for an organization that, according to Fox Sports Colin Cowherd is "too insecure" to bring in a coach from outside the organization.
Cincinnati is the only other team that has interviewed Monken for a head coaching job, but it is appearing more likely that he takes a coordinator position.
Kitchens spent 11 seasons with the Cardinals as running backs, quarterbacks and tight ends coach before joining the Browns.
The Colts defense finished the regular season allowing the 11th-fewest total yards per game (339.4) and the 10th-fewest points per game (21.5).
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos worth $150bn announces divorce from wife MacKenzie
- Missing Wisconsin teen found alive
- Ohio State QB Tate Martell in transfer portal
- Craig McLachlan charged with multiple indecent assault offences
- Isner ousted in Round 2 of ASB Classic
- Morata to Atletico? I can't confirm or deny anything - Simeone
- New software cracking down on Netflix accounting sharing
- Perth-Born All-Rounder Alex Hepburn Accused of Rape
- Bernie Sanders apologises for campaign sexual harassment
- Australia praises Thai action on Saudi woman seeking asylum