Victoria Police have given the 53-year-old actor a court attendance notice in relation to the charges.
That same month, McLachlan was ousted from The Rocky Horrow Show with producers The Gordon Frost Organisation announcing it is "not appropriate" for him to continue in light of the sexual assault and harassment allegations against him.
Actor Craig McLachlan has been charged with assault and sex offences.
He has been ordered to appear at Melbourne Magistrates' Court on February 8.
McLachlan is perhaps best known for appearing in Neighbours and Home and Away as well as the BBC One spy drama Bugs.
Where and how to watch IND vs UAE
India pushed for the equaliser in the second half, Udanta Singh slamming a shot against the bar 10 minutes after the restart. Over reliance on the 34-year-old striker would not have seen them maul Thailand the way the did.
The actor lives in NSW and will have to travel to Melbourne for the court appearance.
In 2013, he was cast as Frank N Furter in a stage production of the Rocky Horror Show touring Australia, but in 2018 was accused of inappropriate behaviour by several female co-stars.
They said he had touched them inappropriately and sexually harassed them.
Detectives from the Sexual Offences and Child Abuse Investigations Teams this month confirmed they were investigating allegations of sexual offences from 2014.
It is not clear if the charges relate to the allegations made against him by the Rocky Horror Show actresses.
- Erdogan threats against Kurds will not stop Syria withdrawal, Pompeo says
- Lindsay Lohan Denies Hooking up With 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Jax Taylor
- Missing Wisconsin teen found alive
- Trump Wishes Bezos Luck in His Divorce and Predicts 'a Beauty'
- Sergei Bobrovsky to miss Predators game after incident
- 'Green Book' director: 'I was an idiot' for genital-flashing
- Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection
- Ohio State QB Tate Martell in transfer portal
- Fiat-Chrysler to pay more than $300 million in emissions cheating settlement
- Amazon's IMDb Launches Free Movie and TV Streaming Service