For starters, the grandest night in films plans to charge ahead without a host, as revealed to Variety by insider sources. The producers and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the group behind the Oscars, are looking for top talent needed to carry the telecast, which is just six weeks from airing live, on February 24, from Hollywood's Dolby Theatre.
Kevin Hart had been lined up to take the job as host of the Oscars, but then promptly stepped down from the position once a series of homophobic tweets from his past resurfaced shortly after he was given the gig.
"The Academy had been considering welcoming Hart back if he had used the opportunity in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres to demonstrate contrition for his anti-gay jokes and recommit to hosting the show", the Variety report reads.
2 more flu deaths in county bring season’s death toll to 11
The flu season began early this year, in November, and has hit the region's children and young adults harder than in past years. Authorities say flu activity across New Jersey is high, so it's important for those who have not yet done so to get a flu shot .
The Oscars may be getting some superpower in lieu of a famous comedian to host it.
A pretty good showing, to be sure, but one which could clearly be improved upon five years later, given that a sizable portion of Hollywood's working actors and actresses are now members of the Marvel family (also worth noting: the Oscars air on ABC, which is owned by Disney; at the end of the day this'd just be good #CorporateSynergy). When asked if he will host in the future he said, "It's hard to predict what can happen".
- Kindergarten photo evokes Apartheid ghosts in South Africa
- Woman put erectile dysfunction cream in eye after pharmacy error
- Alabama wide receivers coach Josh Gattis taking over as MI offensive coordinator
- Apps that do nothing but serve ads ‘tricked’ 9 million Android users
- Jose Mourinho Set To Feature As Pundit For Premier League Clash
- Las Vegas Police Issue Warrant for Cristiano Ronaldo's DNA in Rape Case
- Weird City Trailer: Jordan Peele’s New Sci-Fi Comedy Sets Premiere Date
- Gourmet candy recalled over hepatitis-A concerns
- World Bank projects paltry GDP growth for SA in 2019
- Chris Jericho officially done with WWE universe?