They live in Washington State in the U.S. where, unless there is a pre-nuptial agreement, a divorcing couple's assets are split 50/50. Jeff has four children with MacKenzie.
"Though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends", the couple said in a statement.
Amazon shares were up 0.2pc in midday trading yesterday. It was MacKenzie who made the first move, according to a 2013 Vogue profile, where she noted that they were engaged after three months of dating.
"It seems very likely, if not 100% a certainty, that whatever Jeff Bezos has earned at Amazon has been community income", David Starks, a partner at the Seattle-based law firm McKinley Irvin, told Forbes.
Sergei Bobrovsky to miss Predators game after incident
The 30-year-old Bobrovsky is 18-13-1 in the final year of his contract and so far has declined to sign a long-term extension. Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Athletic that a meeting with Bobrovsky is planned before practice on Friday.
Amazon's origins trace back to a road trip that the Bezoses took together not long after they met in NY while working at hedge fund D.E. Shaw. "By the last three months, they were so real and important to me, I could start crying just thinking about them while driving to pick up the kids from school".
In 2012, the couple donated US$2.5 million to a Washington state campaign to legalise same-sex marriage there.
From modest beginnings, Amazon branched out into nearly every product category, taking on established retailers such as Walmart Inc.
Mr Bezos also founded space company Blue Origin in 2000, and is funnelling $1 billion a year of his own fortune into pulling it out of start-up mode and into production.
The couple have also acquired at least five homes in California, Washington state, Texas, Washington D.C. and NY throughout their 25-year marriage.
Billionaire Jeff Bezos' divorce from his wife MacKenzie Bezos could become the most expensive in history and has the potential to impact his ownership and control of Amazon if he is forced to sell off shares to fund a settlement.
He topped the chart with an estimated worth of $US160 billion, ahead of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who was found to have $US97 billion.
- Bernie Sanders apologises for campaign sexual harassment
- Craig McLachlan charged with multiple indecent assault offences
- San Francisco Giants' Stadium Renamed to Oracle Park
- Amazon's IMDb Launches Free Movie and TV Streaming Service
- Cyborg Wants To Join McGregor For Japan Exhibition
- New software cracking down on Netflix accounting sharing
- Paraguay cuts diplomatic ties with Venezuela after Maduro sworn in
- Powell repeats pledge to remain 'patient' with rate hikes
- Ohio State QB Tate Martell in transfer portal
- Perth-Born All-Rounder Alex Hepburn Accused of Rape