Gattis' move to MI comes after reports that he could be heading to Maryland to be the offensive coordinator under Mike Locksley.
Moments ago, The Athletic's Bruce Feldman and Chris Vannini reported that Gattis will instead take the same spot at MI.
It bears mention that Locksley, not Gattis, held that role at Alabama.
Gattis joins a staff that was coordinated by-committee in 2018, with Harbaugh, assistant head coach/passing game coordinator Pep Hamilton, wide receivers coach Jim McElwain and the rest of the offensive staff participating in game-planning and play calling. He's had success in this capacity at every stop. Alabama's passing offense finished No. 6 in the nation averaging, averaging 323.6 yards per game.
Michigan's offense has been criticized over the last couple of months due to blowout losses at Ohio State and against Florida in the Peach Bowl.
R.J. Hunter returns to Celtics on two-way contract
His two-way contract stipulates that he can only spend no more than 45 days on the National Basketball Association roster. Unfortunately, Hunter only played a combined eight National Basketball Association games in the past two seasons.
Crimson Tide wide receivers shined in Gattis' lone season with the program. The Wolverines also bring in four-star running back Zach Charbonnet and return most of their offensive line.
Gattis' departure means Alabama will have a new offensive coordinator for the fourth time in four seasons.
The Michigan offense bookended the season with poor performances, however.
It appears he's banking on Gattis to change that. The first two seasons came at Vanderbilt and he was with Franklin in State College for four seasons before spending 2018 in Tuscaloosa. "This is the leadership challenge I've coveted". MI scored just 17 points in a Week 1 loss to Notre Dame and 15 points in a Peach Bowl loss to Florida.
Head coach Jim Harbaugh celebrates a first half score with Shea Patterson #2 while playing the Nebraska Cornhuskers on September 22, 2018 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- 2 more flu deaths in county bring season’s death toll to 11
- The Confusing Case of Jazmine Barnes, Explained
- Europe Just Got Hit With a Massive Wave of Auto Job Cuts
- Hubble Space Telescope's premier camera shuts down
- Shepparton man Savas Avan charged over suspicious packages sent to embassies
- Harrington Chosen As Captain For 2020 Ryder Cup
- United States military veteran held in Iran
- World Bank projects paltry GDP growth for SA in 2019
- Woman put erectile dysfunction cream in eye after pharmacy error
- Israel Ex-Minister to Get 11 Years for Spying for Iran