CNBC shared some of the major points earlier today, but one of the more interesting parts that came out of the full interview was Cook's stance on how the iPhone XR - the company's other iPhone it launched late past year alongside the iPhone XS and XS Max - is faring out there in the market.
'There will more things coming. I don't wanna tell you about what they are and I'm not gonna forecast precisely, the ramps and so forth. And we're just at the front end of this.
Despite a year which saw a big chunk of the company's value wiped, Apple decided that such visionary management was worth a hefty 22 percent pay raise in 2018, bringing Cook's total compensation for the year to nearly $15.7 million. We are democratizing it.
On healthcare in particular and your wellbeing, this is an area that I believe, if you zoom out into the future, and you look back, and you ask the question, "What was Apple's greatest contribution to mankind", it will be about health.
Tom Thibodeau Fired By Minnesota Timberwolves
I think he's prepared a long time for this moment. "There's been a lot of changes, but I trust him". Ryan Saunders had served as an assistant in Minnesota since 2014.
Following Cook's message, Apple's stock went on an accelerated drop, experiencing a severe 38% drop between a maximum valuation of 232.07 per share on October 3 to an all-time low of $142.08 per share the day after the investor letter.
This puts Apple's decision to stop disclosing the number of iPhone it sells for each quarter in a completely new light, given that a 10% cut in production for the new iPhone models would translate into a whopping 20% YoY contraction from "the 52.21 million units Apple sold in January-March 2018", as reported by Nikkei Asian Review. Cook made it clear that this case will keep raging on for a long time to come with little chance of a settlement. On a trailing basis (.) the revenue from wearables is already 50 percent more than iPod on its peak.
Check out the entire interview in the video, above.
- Carabao Cup match report Manchester City v Burton Albion 09 January 2019
- Belgian expert reveals truth to Yannick Carrasco deal claims
- Repeating fast radio bursts from deep space 'could be aliens'
- US, China wrap up talks on tariff battle
- Patrick McCaw To Sign With Raptors
- IPL 2019 to be played in India
- Adam Gase to Become New York Jets' Head Coach
- R. Kelly facing criminal investigations after Lifetime documentary exposes abuse allegations
- White House Official: Income Tax Refunds Will Be Paid on Time
- Packers officially announce LaFleur is the new head coach