Schoop's deal would allow him to earn a $100,000 performance bonus for reaching 600 plate appearances, plus additional award bonuses.
In 229 career games, Torreyes has hit.281 with 30 doubles, six triples and four home runs. Schoop made $8.5 million in 2018.
Between the two clubs, he hit.233 with 21 homers and 61 RBIs. The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal reported that Schoop, who was non-tendered by the Milwaukee Brewers last week, signed a one-year deal worth more than $7.5 million, plus incentives. Nick Gordon, the fifth overall pick in the 2014 draft, struggled at Triple-A a year ago but could be ready for his debut soon.
The Twins also signed infielder Ronald Torreyes to a one-year contact.
Daughter of 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' Songwriter Says He'd Be Horrified Over
Loesser said she was upset about the furore because "it's a song my father wrote for him and my mother to sing at parties". A flirty and seasonal classic, or an out-dated song that's problematic? "But baby, it's cold outside ".
After the Twins dealt long time second baseman Brian Dozier to the Dodgers back in July, they have been searching for his replacement, and clearly Schoop was the guy they wanted.
Torreyes, 26, can play second base, third base and shortstop, but he hasn't done much offensively in parts of 4 seasons in the big leagues.
Schoop became a free agent last week when the Brewers failed to offer a 2019 contract.
- YouTube’s creators hit meme bingo in Rewind 2018
- Rwandan court drops all charges against opposition figure
- De Jong agent plays down €75m PSG reports
- Maduro departs to meet Putin in Moscow
- Ukrainian Embassy in Nigeria condemns Russia’s seizure of ships
- The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Are Shutting Down for Paris Protests
- Splashdown! SpaceX Rocket Topples into Water Following Technical Glitch
- Manchester United players and Jose Mourinho have 'no problems' - Matteo Darmian
- Hazard: Real Madrid reportedly agree terms with Chelsea man
- Trump says China trade talks 'going very well'