Asking for news on phones or Google Home will become more personalized and will be able to deliver you updates throughout the whole day.
Google hopes this will lead to users receiving news that's completely tailored to their interests.
Now, your morning news is about to get a heck of a lot more personal, with the announcement that Google-powered smart speakers will use the "artificial intelligence of Google News" to "bring you an audio news playlist assembled in that moment, for you" via Google Assistant. After that, Assistant will select a few longer, more detailed stories.
Trump Targets Pair of Obama-era Green Rules to Boost Oil, Coal
Energy Information Administration figures show that domestic coal use will sink to a 39-year low in 2018. Burke said companies would need subsidies in the form of tax incentives and loan guarantees.
The initiative to personalise your news is open to publishers to offer their content via their open specification, allowing them to offer up "single-topic stories-segmented out from newscasts or shows" which can be intelligently added to people's news briefings in Assistant. And you can ask to skip a story, go back, or stop. A limited number of US users will get access to the audio news initially; the company didn't say when it will expand the availability to other users.
As result, expect the new audio experience to deliver shorter and punchier content, with less intro music, and for now, no ads. The briefing will start with short stories under two minutes, and then move on to slightly meatier stories up to 15 minutes long.
The company is launching the revamped audio news function to a limited number of Google Assistant users in the United States before a wider roll out. The company is also inviting interested media publishers to join the project.
- Schoop, Twins agree to $7.5 million, 1-year contract
- China launches pioneering mission to far side of moon
- Red Sox RHP Eovaldi signs four-year deal
- More celebrities arrive in Udaipur for Isha Ambani's pre-wedding ceremony
- US Attempt to 'Bury' INF Treaty Creates New Risks for Europe - Lavrov
- Mohamed Salah gives MOTM award to James Milner
- Cohen Docs Show Trump Allegedly Broke Law
- Daughter of 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' Songwriter Says He'd Be Horrified Over
- Rwandan court drops all charges against opposition figure
- Ukrainian Embassy in Nigeria condemns Russia’s seizure of ships