John Kelly, the White House chief of staff, is likely to leave his post in the next few days, ending a tumultuous 16-month tenure still among the longest for a senior aide to President Donald Trump, two people with direct knowledge of the developments said Friday. But Trump aides warn that Ayers is more a Pence advocate, and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has apparently criticized Ayers' foreign-policy skills.
Trump is actively discussing a replacement plan, though a person involved in the process said nothing is final right now and ultimately nothing is final until Trump announces it.
"I can give you a little hint: It will have to do with the Joint Chiefs of Staff and succession", Trump said. But Ayers has also faced some resistance. But each time the two have decided to make amends, even as Kelly's influence has waned. The president often remarks on Kelly's lack of political skills and has told advisers in recent days that he needs a more political chief of staff for his reelection.
The First Official Look at the New Samsung Galaxy A8S
What's interesting, though, is that the images don't look exactly the same-this is notably observed in the camera section. Check the front and you'll indeed find an Infinity-O Display (or display hole camera, if you prefer).
The retired Marine Corps general has spent 16months in the position.
Trump had earlier pledged publicly that Kelly would remain through his first term in office, though many in the West Wing were skeptical.
Developing story, check back for updates.
- More celebrities arrive in Udaipur for Isha Ambani's pre-wedding ceremony
- Kay Felder Arrested in Toronto for Assaulting Woman, Released from Raptors 905
- 6 people dead, dozens hurt in nightclub stampede in Italy
- Fiat Chrysler: New plant for Jeeps planned for the Detroit area
- Grace Millane: Backpacker's disappearance being treated as suspected murder
- The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Are Shutting Down for Paris Protests
- Charlottesville: James Fields guilty of murder for driving auto into crowd
- YouTube’s creators hit meme bingo in Rewind 2018
- Arsenal to speak to players involved in 'hippy crack' controversy
- Russian Federation reacts at claim of Ukraine regarding Ukrainian Navy in Kerch Strait