The rules of the pact say that countries that do not possess a coastline on the Black Sea are needed to offer Turkey atleast 15 days cognizance before altering the straits.
The notification will give the US Navy an option to enter the area, but it is not an indication that such action will be taken, the sources were quoted as saying in the report.
"We routinely conduct operations to advance security and stability throughout the U.S. Sixth Fleet area of operations to include the global waters and airspace of the Black Sea", Commander Kyle Raines, a spokesman for the U.S. Sixth Fleet, which oversees naval operations in the region, told CNN.
NATO, which includes several Black Sea member states, and the United States have routinely sent warships patrolling the Black Sea, despite Russian concerns.
For its part, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced Wednesday that its troops in eastern Crimea, which Moscow seized from Ukraine in 2014, conducted a military drill with its Pantsir anti-aircraft missile systems.
Fiat Chrysler: New plant for Jeeps planned for the Detroit area
The company's chief financial officer told investors in June that trucks and SUVs would account for 80 percent of revenue by 2022. An official announcement from FCA confirming the re-opening of Mack Avenue Engine II is expected to happen late next week.
"We reserve the right to operate freely in accordance with global laws and norms", he said.
The reported plans come with tensions soaring between Kyiv and Moscow over the naval confrontation on November 25.
The United States has called on Russian Federation to release the sailors and return the seized vessels to Ukraine.
"As stated in the letter, Parubiy thanked Pence "for the permanent support of Ukraine" and informed on the events of 25 November 2018, when the Russian Federation, violating the sovereignty of Ukraine and global law, attacked the Ukrainian boat "Berdyansk" and "Nikopol", as well as inshore tug "Yana Kapu", captured them, wounding and capturing Ukrainian sailors".
Russian Federation rammed and fired on Ukrainian naval vessels, subsequently capturing three ships and detaining 24 service members.
The Azov Sea is world's most shallow sea.
- Glenn Murray has anxious wait over scan on shoulder injury
- The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Are Shutting Down for Paris Protests
- Derek Fisher Named New Head Coach of the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks
- Home turf: Tyson Fury calls for Deontay Wilder rematch at Old Trafford
- More celebrities arrive in Udaipur for Isha Ambani's pre-wedding ceremony
- Maduro departs to meet Putin in Moscow
- Splashdown! SpaceX Rocket Topples into Water Following Technical Glitch
- Mohamed Salah gives MOTM award to James Milner
- Kay Felder Arrested in Toronto for Assaulting Woman, Released from Raptors 905
- YouTube’s creators hit meme bingo in Rewind 2018