The Red Sox, however, got to witness firsthand what Eovaldi brings to the table.
Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reported on Thursday that starting pitcher Nathan Eovaldi and the Red Sox have reached agreement on a new contract. While he did have a stretch in which he was inconsistent, it was his performance in the big games, particularly against the Yankees, that makes this re-signing a big one for Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowksi. "He did a tremendous job for us last season, playing a significant role in helping us win the division and the World Series. His performance in the postseason was outstanding, both as a starting pitcher and as a reliever". Eovaldi underwent Tommy John surgery in his junior year of high school, then underwent a second TJ surgery in August 2016. He threw 54 really good innings for Boston with an ERA of just 3.33 in the regular season.
Eovaldi pitched one inning of relief in each of the first two games of the World Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Splashdown! SpaceX Rocket Topples into Water Following Technical Glitch
He wrote, "The engine stabilized the rocket spin on time, due to which the Falcon could safely land safely in the water". It appeared to be undamaged and was transmitting data, Musk said, adding that a recovery ship was sent to retrieve it.
The team is reportedly cornering the market for free-agent right-hander Nathan Eovaldi. They weren't going to head into the 2019 campaign with Drew Pomeranz as a projected member of their rotation. He would join a rotation that includes Chris Sale, David Price, Rick Porcello and Eduardo Rodriguez, giving manager Alex Cora maybe the best group of five in the majors right now (especially if Cleveland trades Kluber or Trevor Bauer).
Those numbers, of course, include the yeomen's work Eovaldi did against NY during the American League Division Series. He spent two seasons with the Yankees in 2015 and 2016.
The hard-throwing, 28-year-old righty made a name for himself during the team's playoff run with his heart and intensity.
- The First Official Look at the New Samsung Galaxy A8S
- Charlottesville: James Fields guilty of murder for driving auto into crowd
- Australia passes law forcing tech firms to hand over encrypted data
- Mohamed Salah gives MOTM award to James Milner
- Fiat Chrysler: New plant for Jeeps planned for the Detroit area
- Trump says China trade talks 'going very well'
- Manchester United players and Jose Mourinho have 'no problems' - Matteo Darmian
- Arsenal to speak to players involved in 'hippy crack' controversy
- Marlboro Maker Leaps Into Cannabis Trade
- More Details For Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order