Broadway composer Frank Loesser and his wife and musical partner Lynn are shown, April 26, 1956 in NY. San Francisco radio station KOIT received negative responses after playing the song recently.
"Still, deejays are hesitant to play the song."I didn't understand why the lyrics were so bad", said Glenn Anderson from Cleveland's Star 102 radio, "... until I read them".
It is known that this decision was taken after talks with the representatives of the movement #MeToo: they are found in the text of the song calls for sexual violence, writes Grazia. 'But I think it would be good if people looked at the song in the context of the time.
Loesser said she was upset about the furore because "it's a song my father wrote for him and my mother to sing at parties".
The song is about a woman inside a man's home, and she says it's time to go home, but the man tries convincing her to stay by saying it's cold outside.
Splashdown! SpaceX Rocket Topples into Water Following Technical Glitch
He wrote, "The engine stabilized the rocket spin on time, due to which the Falcon could safely land safely in the water". It appeared to be undamaged and was transmitting data, Musk said, adding that a recovery ship was sent to retrieve it.
Quite a few years ago, with the approach of the holiday season and the bombardment of holiday songs, my youngest brought my attention to the inappropriate lyrics of the old favourite, "Baby It's Cold Outside".
A flirty and seasonal classic, or an out-dated song that's problematic?
"But baby, it's cold outside".
KOSI 101.1 in Colorado, marketed as "Denver's Holiday Station", originally pulled the song due to listener complaints but has since reversed its decision.
'People used to say, 'What's in this drink?' as a joke, ' Loesser explained.
CBS This Morning co-host Gayle King, who described herself as a "big supporter and proponent of the Me Too movement", said Thursday that she was anxious about a nation losing its sense of humor.
- Derek Fisher Named New Head Coach of the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks
- 6 people dead, dozens hurt in nightclub stampede in Italy
- Italy police arrest mafia's alleged new mob boss in Sicily
- Arsenal to speak to players involved in 'hippy crack' controversy
- Fiat Chrysler: New plant for Jeeps planned for the Detroit area
- Russian Federation reacts at claim of Ukraine regarding Ukrainian Navy in Kerch Strait
- Rwandan court drops all charges against opposition figure
- Southwest Airlines flight rolls off runway at California airport
- Charlottesville: James Fields guilty of murder for driving auto into crowd
- Glenn Murray has anxious wait over scan on shoulder injury