He meant to keep the generous donation under wraps - but made the announcement in a Twitter video Thursday after the word quickly spread.
The store also took to Twitter to thank Perry: "Anonymous or not, we hope you know that you just made Christmas for so many families". "I just don't want to be her age, playing her".
In order for the shoppers to receive the items Perry paid for, they must pay one penny. 'So, Merry Christmas to everybody'.
Santiago Solari praises out of favour Isco after Copa del Rey double
The Spain global is yet to start a match for Madrid since Solari replaced the sacked Julen Lopetegui following the 5-1 Clasico embarrassment against Barcelona at the end of October.
He said he did so in cherishing that he's fortunate enough to help people out at the holidays. 'I'm just really, really grateful to be able to be in a position to do this. "So, God bless you, go get your stuff, merry Christmas", Perry said in the video he posted to Twitter.
To collect their outstanding items, all customers have to do is pay a penny at pickup.
Walmart confirmed to ABC News that Tyler Perry wrote checks totaling approximately $430,000 between the two stores.
While good Samaritans will occasionally come in and pay off one random account, she's never seen someone pay off the entire layaway system, according to the newspaper. 'They were anxious about getting the kids Xmas Layaways out.
- Redskins' Smith has infection in leg
- Former Cubs infielder Luis Valbuena killed in a auto accident in Venezuela
- Mortal Kombat 11 Revealed, Arriving Next Year
- Woman elected to replace Merkel as new CDU party leader
- House Democrat seeks emergency hearing on North Carolina election
- George H.W. Bush’s funeral and memorial services plan
- Brie Larson on the Female Friendship at the Heart of CAPTAIN MARVEL
- Michigan Republicans following Wisconsin's lead in curbing Democrats' power
- Russian Military Tracks US Destroyer in Sea of Japan - MoD
- Christmas tree shortage continues to have people digging deeper in their wallets